Who's you favorite comic book hero(ine)?

Trickstergod

First Post
Batman suffers from many a crap writer and his previous super power of being a Super-Jerk didn't exactly strike my fancy.

But the rough core of Batman, which DC seems to be steering back to, is my favorite comic hero. I like the idea of a non-powered, but particularly resourceful, intelligent human standing as a peer to the likes of Superman.

Coming none too far behind, however, is Superman. The Big Blue Boy Scout, and it's just that sort of thing that makes me like Superman so well. I like idealistic super-heroes and Superman is their epitomization. Although some aspects of the character irk me to no end (super-intellect, super-senses to a degree).

Beyond those two, there's Captain Marvel for similar reasons to Superman, but more so Mary Marvel - because she's also in the ranks with other favorites such as Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. I also like She-Hulk. Heroes that can be a little tongue-in-cheek (though, oddly, not so much Spider-Man...). Fire. Power-Girl...partly for shallow reasons, partly because she has vast amounts more personality in comparison to the likes of Supergirl, so she looks better by contrast.

Those are all the characters that come to mind when I think about who I really like.

Last edited:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I'm way old school too.

Hal (Green Lantern) Jordan in the 50s and 60s.
Adam Strange.
Captain Comet. (I didn't read his comics until he wasn't being published any more. Got a bunch from a friend of my dad's from Canada! Notice the theme? Sci-Fi heroes.)
Doctor Strange in his earliest days when his adventures were really strange!
Captain America.

And if we're counting pulps, Doc Savage and The Shadow. (I thought his pulps were much better than the original radio shows. Blasphemy to many!)

Filby

First Post
Alan Scott. He's the elder statesman of superheroics. Yeah, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are the leaders of the heroic community, but when Alan Scott speaks, everyone listens.

Squire James

First Post
I guess I gotta look at my old comics collection and see who I bought the most of... hmm I see a lot of Spiderman and Batman, so I'll go with them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads