D&D General Why Editions Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Perhaps like 4e required two DMGs to get their message across and their attempt to explain how Skill Challenges actually work (which from my point of view - failed), a further 5e DMG may have satisfied your needs.

EDIT: I do think from what I have seen of the latest UA that their layout style and thought process seems to align closer to the indie games such as Dungeon World and such, specifically with regards to actions that may be taken by characters.
They were never going to make a DMG2 for 5e. Players wouldn't have been incentivized to buy it, and WotC won't produce a book that only a segment of their fan base would find useful.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I'm starting to wonder, with the amount of info being proposed, that is later being shown to actually be in the current DMG... How many of those crying out for improvements actually own or have even read the DMG...
I'm starting to think that people aren't actually listening to what people are saying in terms of critiquing what information is presented and how it's being presented and are instead slinging allegations. to dismiss them.

Imaro

Legend
I'm starting to think that people aren't actually listening to what people are saying in terms of critiquing what information is presented and how it's being presented and are instead slinging allegations. to dismiss them.

Well when poster A claims the player types are not discussed in the 5e DMG and a few posts later it's shown they are... well that's one of the examples that made me arrive at my thought. Care to share yours?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This discussion is generating a ton of reports, against folks on various sides of arguments. It has received more than its fear share of babysitting.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads