D&D 3E/3.5 Will you still play 3.5?

Pinotage

Explorer
Yes, I'll definitely keep playing. I figure my playing will be mostly 3.5e, with maybe one 4e game thrown in. In a few years time that might change, but I doubt it, since 4e is not suitable to PbP play due to annoying immediate actions.

Pinotage

bytor4232

First Post
Depends on where the seats are. If there is seats at a 3.5e table, then thats what I'll be playing. If 4E causes everyone to forget about 3/3.5E, then I guess thats what I'll be playing. Either way, I'm sure I'll own at least the 4E PHB, and if I want to DM it, I'll pick up the 4E DMG.

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I think I've come to the decision to treat 3.5 and 4.0 as two separate games that happen to share a similar (though not identical) implied setting. I still have a lot of 3.x edition stuff I want to run, and I want to do it without having to do massive amounts of converting, so I'll probably run both. Rise of the Runelords and Age of Wyrms are both too good not to play, so there are two campaigns I'll be running for sure. Then I probably have at least 2 or 3 campaigns worth of material from Necormancer that remain unplayed. Finally, there's a whole boatload of Dungeon magazine adventures.

In short, I probably have a few years worth of life in 3.5. Fortunately my players have always been interested in playing different game systems. Right now we're in the first third of a True20 Darwin's World campaign. Did I mention that I have no intention of ditching the True20 either?

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I'll gladly play in a 3e or 3.5 game, but I stopped running both quite awhile ago and I don't think I could ever go back. I have no intention of ditching my current game of choice (Mutants and Masterminds) for 4e though. If 4e delivers it will be just another game in the stable.

hexgrid

Explorer
We've already stopped playing 3.5, and started a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign that will last until we switch to 4e.

I'll probably keep all my 3rd edition Dungeons and other adventure material around for possible conversion, but the rest (at the least) will go into storage.

glass

(he, him)
The current plan is that we will finish off Age of Worms, and then switch after that. How that plan will play out after June remains to be seen.

glass.

BluWolf

Explorer
Less than ZERO interest in 4e.

Have reworked into a flavor of D20 that suits me fine. No need to move. After 28 years I am finally jumping off the edition bandwagon.

Bagpuss

Legend
Probably until we finish Savage Tide and Age of Worms. Which our group alternates between, and other none D&D games. So at least into 2010 I guess.

Agamon

Adventurer
No, the last few adventures of Age of Worms has really turned me off of 3.5. If I'm not playing 4e, there are too many non-D&D games I want to play, so, no not a chance.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am now seeing myself playing both games. 4E for when I want a fast playing tactical game using pregen scenarios and 3E for when I want to play D&D. I have no problems considering 4E to be a good fun game that I will want to play and not D&D at the same time.

Remove ads