Witchblade (Spoilers!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well this wasn't as thrilling as Hierophant. But Veritas did have some X-file-ish moments. Though I could see this plot from like 100 miles off. I will admit it took me a while to figure out who "John" was, but that's just a little small thing. What I REALLY wished was Sara believed more in herself. I mean what can guns and spies in the shadow do against the Witchblade?! Zero. I'm sorry but if I was in Sara's shoes, I'd take those bastards OUT and expose their mangled carcasses to the light of day. Screw fear, I'm holding a item of power man. Something that on par with the Holy Grail man! That kind of power, while it's huge and scary, is nothing against wannabe assassins.

Corinth

First Post
When they can kill everyone she loves, destroy her ability to live in the real world and make every moment of her life be that of Public Enemy #1 it's only a matter of time before the odds turn against her and someone puts a bullet in her head. Sara knows this, so she did the wise thing this time around. That said, she does have a confidence problem that stems from her disconnect with the occult nature of her existence. She still feels like she's a fish out of water, when she could easily be--and at times shows herself to be--a great shark amidst the sea of humanity.

Nightfall

No kidding. But even so, I don't buy that there's enough MORTAL firepower in the world to defeat the power of the Witchblade. Only the wielder or the Blade itself can undo itself. Now if you're were to send out a horde from Hell...MAYBE I could buy that. But against some small time spooks?! Come on! She took out those guys at the Relato like they were shooting her with pea shooters! I'm sure being public enemy #1 is tough to live on, but come. EVENTUALLY they would have smarten up and just let it drop. Cause you can't run the world from the grave.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nightfall said:
No kidding. But even so, I don't buy that there's enough MORTAL firepower in the world to defeat the power of the Witchblade. Only the wielder or the Blade itself can undo itself.

Nightfall, you are confusing what the Witchblade can do with what it reliable will do.

Remember - the Witchblade has a mind of it's own. We have been told, and seen for ourselves, that it can and will choose to occasionally leave the wielder in the lurch. Taking it's protection for granted is probably a good way to get yourself killed - not only does it offend the blade's ego, but taking protection for granted leads one to be sloppy - being sloppy is a good way to get you into a situation from which the blade cannot save you. So, the blade trains you to never be sloppy...

Also, the Rialto incident isn't a good example - remember that Sara doesn't clearly remember anything from last season, and for the rest of the universe, it didn't happen at all. This season, the blade has saved her from some gunfire, yes. But is that enough for her to treat the power casually? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Alright valid point Umbran. I guess I just thought the Witchblade's Ego would be assagued by the fact it is a great weapon of power and that destroying evil WOULD be fun for it. I don't think I'd take the protection for grant BUT I would try to convince the Witchblade that by keeping it's protection up, the legend and the mystique of the Blade would be greatly enhanced. After all it might lead it to be worshipped a symbol. Well what ever the blade's motivations I would think it would enjoy the chance to taste blood and feel the urge for battle.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I side with Corinth - you're assuming a lot about the Witchblade's psychology. I've seen little to no indication that the Witchblade is bloodthirsty or lusts for battle. That was more the Spear of Longinus' style. The witchblade does not seem interested in starting fights - just in finishing them. Nor does it seem interested in building up it's own legend or mystique, or earning worship. It may have an ego, but it doesn't care what the public thinks.

Convince the Witchblade? What, gona sit down and have a nice chat with your wrist? While it has a "will" of sorts, there's yet to be any indication that is has anyting like human mentation...

Last edited:

Nightfall

Well okay another valid point. I guess I just figured there would be a way to communicate with it. After all it IS sentient, even if at a rudimentary level. However there must be SOME way of understanding JUST what it wants.

Jamdin

Explorer
Wow, Eric Roberts as the Big Bad Wolf in tonight's episode. I loved the little red riding hood aspects of it.

Next week, we see the return of Conchobar but not as we know him :)

Remove ads