D&D 5E Wizards is hiring a senior game designer for Dungeons & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. People deserve to be paid according to the scarcity of their skills, rarity and production. They absolutely deserve to be poor if their life goals are designed around staying poor. Choices have consequences.

There are plenty of people who would love to be RPG designers as such the pay should be very low and I will bet they get tens of thousands of applications for this job. Heck I would love to do it, but I would rather keep my high salary as an aerospace engineer and let WOTC pay someone else to do it for $50k a year and I will play what they design, while having money left over for other things.
You are so deeply ignorant of what poverty is like and many peoples experiences of life and education. Nobody chooses to be poor and the vast majority of people just want to work a fair day's work for a fair day's wage. Though that shouldn't matter either; the worth of human life is not determined by their labour.

Nobody should experience poverty, no matter whether they work or not or what they work at.

I'd prefer to play games knowing artists getting proper compensation rather than experience the shite many do right now.

I am actually still surprised how low the number is. Though a great many more attend, but don't get a degree. When you get into masters and PHDs, the numbers get really low.

It's the population over 25. It takes time for the population who retire now (and who started working in the 70 early 80's where higher level education was rarer) to... no longer be part of the statistics. I guess the 25-35 age group would yield a much higher percentage.

dave2008

Legend
It should be part of the listing period, it's not needed for the job, it should be there at all, the message to the none university educated is clear, we're not wanted.
That is on you then. My wife applied for a job in which she didn't meet all the qualifications, but was exceptional in others. She nailed the interview and got the job. You can't be put of by the qualifications list if you think you can do a job.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I am actually still surprised how low the number is. Though a great many more attend, but don't get a degree. When you get into masters and PHDs, the numbers get really low.
Not at all to sound snide, but College sn't necessarily for everyone. My childhood best friend, the best man at my wedding, bounced off of the whole College system hard despite being very intelligent. He landed on his feet, but it just didn't fit what he wanted to do.

The really weird thing is if you look at the numbers pre-WW2, they are similar but bumped down a degree: high school graduates were about 42% of the population, and people with Bachelors degrees were as common as Masters degrees now.

College and university should be accessible to all (and I think entry requirements should often be reformed; they are people who do not do well in primary and secondary shcool but would do well in their college course of choice, and these people often do miss out), but it also should not be seen as a necessity. It is clear there are many for whom a trade might be more appropriate.

Though as well as that, nobody should suffer no matter what they work at; we are in a position across the world to eliminate absolute and relative poverty, and should be striving to do so.

Back to the topic:

Wizards must be continuing to expand. I wonder what releases they will be prioritising next as a result of hiring more people.

I also wonder if they're going to get really ambitious and perhaps consider getting another D&D related system up for a different style of gamer - but I highly doubt that. More likely that they need mroe people for D&D 2024.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
College and university should be accessible to all (and I think entry requirements should often be reformed; they are people who do not do well in primary and secondary shcool but would do well in their college course of choice, and these people often do miss out), but it also should not be seen as a necessity. It is clear there are many for whom a trade might be more appropriate.

Though as well as that, nobody should suffer no matter what they work at; we are in a position across the world to eliminate absolute and relative poverty, and should be striving to do so.
Agreed 100%: my friend who bounced off College had the ability to do so in a relatively safe Community College environment before moving on. Can't say enough good about the Community College system in this country.

MGibster

Legend
They are more...guidelines.
Sort of. While it's true that there's no law requiring the company to strictly adhere to their own qualifications for the position, if the company is willing to make an exception for an applicant who say only had 5 years of experience, well, they need to make that same exception for every applicant that only has 5 years of experience as well. Failure to do so not only can it leave the company vulnerable to litigation, but may alienate current employees who didn't apply because they didn't meet the minimum qualifications for the position. And from a DEI perspective it's a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases