D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
And really, even a 1 action short rest with the 2 per day limit would probably work fine.
Exactly. It's a mechanic that matters to balance but the fictional footprint is has isn't really a big deal. One action, five minutes, one hour...doesn't matter unless it matters to the fiction, which is entirely situational.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
For monks, maybe. But not warlocks. Their slots don't line up with the prof bonus.
Yeah I doubt we will see different base numbers for those classes.
Absolutely. They can massage the numbers. My point was that the simplest way to do it was the recharge twice per long rest ability rather than rework the numbers, etc. Not that one worked and the other didn't. For me, simplicity is key. Baking in a twice per long-rest recharge does all the work without having to change anything but add that one line.
For Monks, I think that recharge half thier points PB/LR would work really well, but for both I think you could just do “you can regain all your spent [resource] twice per day” is the simplest possible thing.

Changing them to a long rest recharge would completely change the class. For the Monk especially, the idea of tracking 60 ki points at high level is daunting. 1 per class level with multiple refreshes per day is a vastly better model IMO, and gets the same effective number of [resource] per day.

Now I remember Cris Perkins' homebred setting "Iomandra" based in "Councyl of Wyrms". The idea of playing dragons as PCs thanks the monster classes is very interesting, but then we should see something in a previous UA.

Remove ads