• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 5

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei taps her index finger against her teeth, deep in thought. Lila's phrasing and the explanation of the Trace weave are reverberating in her head.

"Lila Sedai, you said that only distance, or perhaps the One Power, could keep you from Tracing the beggar, correct? And he couldn't have run far enough away from you in the given time, at least, not without the use of the Power."

She closes her eyes, and lets her thoughts flow freely, "So, unless the beggar can Travel, highly unlikely, unless the Forsaken are free, he either has an object of the Power that shields him from you, or has managed to travel a great distance without Travelling."

"I think you'd have sensed it if he were somehow warded from the One Power. Such an object would be a powerful ter'angreal and the Tower would have been after it. I have never read of such a ter'angreal..." She pauses, "Have you, Lila Sedai?"

"This leaves only the possibility that he has travelled a great distance, which he could not do without some tool of the Power..."

[OOC: I guess I need to make a Knowledge(arcana) check to see if I remember that the Ways exist? I assume that is how he left. It just hit me that it had to be. I'm tempted to read the adventure, just to see.]

A look of utter disdain fills her face as Jain seemingly questions Lila Sedai's wisdom.

"Jain, show some respect, I know your better then this. If you
must act like a child, I will find some toys for you to play with if you are unable to leave things to us adults. I will not abide by incivility, even if I must spend the next ten years tanning your bottom."

He knows better then this, at least he did. I will see he relearns it. Am I being too sensitive to this because of Yuri? Nom that doesn't even matter, one day he is gonna insult someone who will put a sword through him when I am not around to take care of him. He really is like a child sometimes. Its almost like I am raising Yuri and Jain sometimes. They get into so much trouble, its like they know just how to cause me trouble.

Its quite humourous hearing this delicate, almost child like, little girl threatening to spank someone who is bigger then she is. Its easily evident to everyone that despite the size differential, despite how evidently exhausted she is, she actually means it. You can see it in her eyes. She is way too tired for 'non-sense' as she sees its.

dscrank

First Post
Pedron shrugs at all the speculation. It sounds far-fetched to him. "You said you couldn't find him more than a mile away unless he had the coin. He could have easily gone a mile by the time I got back: you should have seen him run! The easiest explanation is he got rid of the coin. If he had gold crowns with which to pay the thugs, he certainly wouldn't miss a silver mark. He might have even known why you gave it to him. Perhaps we should try more... mundane ways of searching for him."

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei raises an eyebrow, "You think he would really be able to run a mile in any one direction in the city? None of the streets that I have seen are that long. And with the crowds, he would have been hindered. And then consider once more that we have already discarded the likelihood that he knew Lila Sedai was a sister. He'd have hired more guards had he known. In addition, he ran before she was even able to throw a weave to prove she was able to channel.

"I find it highly unlikely that he knew of Lila's capabilities. What truly confuses me is why he planned such a terrible trap and ran immediately, before he even had the opportunity to get his prize. Tell me, did it seem like he was running with a goal? Did he have to look about to make a decision as to which direction he ran?"

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Valkys said:
"I think you'd have sensed it if he were somehow warded from the One Power. Such an object would be a powerful ter'angreal and the Tower would have been after it. I have never read of such a ter'angreal..." She pauses, "Have you, Lila Sedai?"

"This leaves only the possibility that he has travelled a great distance, which he could not do without some tool of the Power..."

"I have never heard of such a thing, but that does not mean that it exists, or that some other means does not exist." The Aes Sedai says.

Valkys said:
[OOC: I guess I need to make a Knowledge(arcana) check to see if I remember that the Ways exist? I assume that is how he left. It just hit me that it had to be. I'm tempted to read the adventure, just to see.]

Sirsei remembers that the Ways exist; it was an easy check (DC 10), so even though she rolled a 6, she still made it.

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei snaps her fingers and shakes her head. The answer was right there in front of her, "Lila Sedai, could he have used The Ways? Is Caemlyn Ogier built? I've seen a few buildings that remind me of Tar Valon. If so, there would be a Grove and a Waygate.

"Could you Trace him if he had entered the Ways?"

drothgery

First Post
dscrank said:
He could have easily gone a mile by the time I got back: you should have seen him run!

FWIW, if Pedron has a good sense for gauging distances, he wouldn't say that. The beggar ran fast -- much faster than Pedron or Jain -- but not supernaturally fast; an algai'd'siswai, an Ogier, or anyone with the Run feat could have caught him, and an algai or Ogier with the Run feat could have outrun him easily. At the speed the beggar was running, he'd need a little over 3 and a half minutes to run a mile in a straight line, and you're pretty sure that he couldn't keep that up for much longer. Of course, you couldn't keep up an all-out run much longer than you did either.

dscrank

First Post
drothgery said:

FWIW, if Pedron has a good sense for gauging distances, he wouldn't say that. The beggar ran fast -- much faster than Pedron or Jain -- but not supernaturally fast; an algai'd'siswai, an Ogier, or anyone with the Run feat could have caught him, and an algai or Ogier with the Run feat could have outrun him easily. At the speed the beggar was running, he'd need a little over 3 and a half minutes to run a mile in a straight line, and you're pretty sure that he couldn't keep that up for much longer. Of course, you couldn't keep up an all-out run much longer than you did either.

[OOC: Sorry, I was speculating. I figured Pedron chased him for a couple of minutes, then gave up and started walking back to the ambush site. That's six minutes total, a fast mile, but hardly Olympic-class. It sounded like he was running at least that fast.]

Pedron shrugs again. "It looked like he was going pretty fast, and it looked like he had a destination in mind. On the other hand, if this has something to do with the One Power, then I can't comment on it."

Last edited:

Remove ads