• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 5

drothgery

First Post
[OOC: Since no one decided to pull an Egwene and ask the obvious question...]

"So why are the ways dangerous, then? Even a thousand years ago the only danger was becoming lost. It was as bright as daylight inside, and fruit grew from trees on the Islands inside. But during the War of the Hundred years, the Ways began to change, falling dark and worse.

"The smallest danger is simply becoming lost. Distance and time inside the ways is not like distance and time inside. The only way to find a path along the Ways is to read the Guidings inside, but they are over three thousand years old and written in Ogier. I can read Ogier, and have been piecing together ancient script since not long after I came to the White Tower, but I would not enter the Ways even if that were the only danger.

"The greater is the Black Wind, or machin shin. No one knows percisely what it is, but it lurks in the Ways now, and those caught by it are often beyond the reach of even the best of the Yellow Ajah to help.

"Only a fool would enter the Ways today, and whatever this beggar is, I do not think he is a fool." She finished.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem Bayle said:
Ashrem had stood quietly during the entire exchange. He couldn't get over the sword. Light. Three thousand years old? 200 gold marks? How did Dinis come by such a thing.

Finally he looked up to see what the others where talking about and cought a fragment of the exchange between Lila Sedai and Jain. He walked over to stand by Jain.

Jain is right. I'd tell them so, if I weren't keeping my own secrets. A pang of guilt hit him. What to do?

Looking at eveyone, he spoke up. "Jain is right. And it seems to me that these...Ways explain alot." He looked at Lila.
"What are these things? Why are they dangerous?"

OOC: Um... I did.

When Lila finished her explanation, Ashrem spoke up. "Where can we find the entrance into the Ways? Perhaps we could check it out and at least see if anyone has been there. We wouldn't have to go in.

A group of trollocs is going to leave some sign of passage."

Last edited:

Shalimar looks hurt over Yur's admitting he didn't love her, its not a nice thing to hear from a friend regardless, but she tries to put on a brave face and act like it didn't matter to her.

"Yuri, it was just a possible future, not the only one. Its sole purpouse was to tempt me to stay. I do love you Yuri, it wasn't wrong about that. But it did muddle things a bit. I do love you, but not in that way, your like a brother sort of. I only showed the diary to you so you would understand what happened to Tasha, not because I thought you might love me."

A tear rolls down her cheek, unnoticed by her as she looks at him for a moment before continuing. "I will always love him and Sharrel, I know he isn't you so I don't expect you to love me, its just I miss them so much. I miss her so much." She lowers her face to her hands and begins to cry.

Jain Hadlin

"I think we should try to find this gate and try to find out if it's been used. There can't be much danger in that can there? Lila Sedai, do you know were the gate is?"

I glad to have some support here, i think Ashrem is a good person. Maybe after this is done i'll travel with him for a while.

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
"Unless you still think there's something in that alley," Pedron says. "We could always check that out."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"I cannot help you much, if you want to find the Waygate in Caemlyn." Lila Sedai said. "It has to be on the grounds of where the Ogier grove in Caemlyn was, but the grove has been gone for hundreds of years, if not thousands, and the area could cover nearly a square mile, if the grove in Caemlyn was a large as the one in Tar Valon is."

Jain Hadlin

"Looks like we'll be needing to do some resurch than. We can try to find some old maps of Caemlyn, ask around with differnt people, see if we can find any books on the subject, and so on. If you guys want to go back and check that ally as Pedron, suggests That be fine with me, it looks as though we have time."

That is unless that begger takes another shot at us, lets hope next time he doesn't hire people to kill us.

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri sits down next to Shalimar and puts his arm around her shoulders.

"I didn't mean that I didn't love you, Shalimar, just not like a husband loves his wife. You and Tasha were great friends, and if you think of me as a brother, it makes sense that I see you as a sister."

The Kandori's face becomes determined.

"Before Tasha and I left Chachin, I promised my father that I'd take care of her. Now that she's gone, I'd like to take care of you, if you'll let me. I think Tasha would be happy to see me watch over you."

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei frowns, "Maybe we should check the alley first. It could well be that he the grove was around that area." She looks at Pedron, "Did you notice if he ran in the direction of the alley? If nothing else, we know a decent place to begin looking. If only we could find an Ogier in the city, that would make things easier. Perhaps... or an old map..."

Remove ads