• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 5

Jain Hadlin

Jain starts to squrm under Lila's gaze, fealing like a scholl boy that got caught playing hooky.

Get a hold of yourself, someone has to keep these bloody women in thier place. They've been running rampant all over us, me inparticular. I've had enough of it.

After a second he shores himself up and leans back into the corner try to look unperterbed with everything he's got.
Jain mummbles some thing to the effect of,

"Bloody inn has bugs or something....crawled right up my back."

"Is there some where we can get one of these Ogier? What are the chances that this beggar has access to these, ways? Do you think that he has an Ogier hidden away somewhere acting as guide so he can use the ways? Is there someplace we can go to get more information on the subject? is there anyway to tell from checking the access pointr whether or not they are being used? Would this perhaps be a good way to smuggle a group of trollocs into Caemlyn?"

Jain pauses, "I think if we ansewer these questions we'll be that much closer to finding out whats going on."

Jain will hang around and if he can catch Lila Sedai alone or close to it,

"I ment no disrespct earlier, but i've spent time on the blight, i've spent time as a teacher, a healer, and many other things. You're not much older than i am,but age is no substitue for experiance and wisdom gleaned from books isn't always as valueable as wisdom gained in life. You don't know me, i don't expect you to trust me, yet. That doesn't mean i will not question you, it's your creator given right to withhold any information you like and i would never deny anyone that right. Therefor if i offended you my appologies. I hope you can forgive my accasional indescretion for as long as we travel together, Lila Sedai."

drothgery

First Post
Re: Jain Hadlin

Sir Osis of Liver said:
"Is there some where we can get one of these Ogier? What are the chances that this beggar has access to these, ways? Do you think that he has an Ogier hidden away somewhere acting as guide so he can use the ways? Is there someplace we can go to get more information on the subject? is there anyway to tell from checking the access pointr whether or not they are being used? Would this perhaps be a good way to smuggle a group of trollocs into Caemlyn?"

"Unless we ran into one by chance, there are no Ogier closer than Stedding Jentoine, and that is in the Black Hills near Tar Valon. As I said, I do not think anyone could use the Ways without an Ogier guide, and the Ogier Elders have not allowed anyone to use the Ways in over 500 years. Even if you can read Ogier well enough to follow the Guidings -- and I can -- the chance of encountering maichin shin is too high." Lila slipped into a lecturing tone; she didn't mean to offend anyone, but she was Brown Ajah, after all, and she had taught this lesson to Novices hundreds of times. Mostly before I reached the shawl. I like teaching, and I think I am good at it, but I have more important things to do right now.

Sir Osis of Liver said:
"I ment no disrespct earlier, but i've spent time on the blight, i've spent time as a teacher, a healer, and many other things. You're not much older than i am,but age is no substitue for experiance and wisdom gleaned from books isn't always as valueable as wisdom gained in life. You don't know me, i don't expect you to trust me, yet. That doesn't mean i will not question you, it's your creator given right to withhold any information you like and i would never deny anyone that right. Therefor if i offended you my appologies. I hope you can forgive my accasional indescretion for as long as we travel together, Lila Sedai."

OOC: You do realize that she's got six levels on you, and has better mental stats, right?

"For over three thousand years, the Brown Ajah has been seeking out knowledge; there are many subjects where the only expert is one of my Sisters. Do not think that we have learned what we have merely by sifting through the Tower Library." She says. And I have been out of the city before. Not all the way to the Blightborder, but to the last port on the Erinin in Shienar, and as far south as Tear. And there was that trip to Caemlyn and Cairhein just after I was raised...

OOC: Never insult a Brown Ajah's book addiction.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem had stood quietly during the entire exchange. He couldn't get over the sword. Light. Three thousand years old? 200 gold marks? How did Dinis come by such a thing.

Finally he looked up to see what the others where talking about and cought a fragment of the exchange between Lila Sedai and Jain. He walked over to stand by Jain.

Jain is right. I'd tell them so, if I weren't keeping my own secrets. A pang of guilt hit him. What to do?

Looking at eveyone, he spoke up. "Jain is right. And it seems to me that these...Ways explain alot." He looked at Lila. "What are these things? Why are they dangerous?"

OOC: Everyone is posting like crazy. I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Taking Yuri's arm she makes it upstairs without to much stumbling. When she is finnaly in her room she will motion for your to sit beside her on the bed, as she leanss back against the wall.

She looks at him intently for a moment bfore sighing. "You must think I am very weak to always seem to be like this. I am sorry, very sory that I need you to help me so much. Its just..." She shrugs letting out a sigh, "Its just, whenever I see someone hurt like that it makes me angry and I don't want them to die, they aren't shadow spawn. Not very Aes Sedai like is that?" She says lowering her eyes deectedly.

"I do have something to give you though." she says haltingly, almost as if she were afraid to. "It might help you understand, what goes on during the test. As far as I know its the only written thing that is about what happens. I... I want you to read it, if it will help you can keep it as well. I wrote it, and I can write it again, its still imprinted on my mind, even after so many months." reaching into a drawer next to the bed, she pulls out what appears to be a diary. Leaning against him she opens it and hands it to him, a look of sorrow on her face for how this might make him feel.

"Just promise you will read all of it before you make a judgement Yuri."

Journal

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Looking at eveyone, he spoke up. "Jain is right. And it seems to me that these...Ways explain alot." He looked at Lila. "What are these things? Why are they dangerous?"

[OOC: Lila's lecture, which follows, is borrowed heavily from Loial's in EotW and which he will be giving in a few hours; since Lila can read Ogier and is something of an expert in weird stuff, I don't think this is out of bounds]

"Well, Shalimar has already heard this lecture, and I suppose it will do Sirsei no harm to hear it twice." The Aes Sedai said. For all her youth, she looked very much the teacher as she began. "It is a rather long story, though. And I think most of you will know some of this, but I do not want to repeat myself.

"So, to begin. At the end of the Age of Legends, when Lews Therin Telamon and the Hundred Companions closed the Bore and imprisoned the Forsaken, the Dark One's counterstroke tainted saidin, the male half of the True Source, driving the Dragon and the surving Companions insane instantly, and the other male Aes Sedai slowly joined them.

"Humanity scattered, as did Ogier, but some Ogier found their stedding again, and it was they who extended the first offer of sanctuary to the male Aes Sedai. In a stedding, they would not go mad, but they could not channel at all, nor even feel that the Source existed. In the end, though, none could accept that, which I can certainly understand, and eventually they all left the stedding hoping that the tain would be gone, though by the end they had to know that hope would be in vain.

"The Red Ajah claim that Ogier sanctuary prolonged the breaking and made it worse. The Blue claim that if all the men had been allowed to go mad at once, there would have been nothing left of the world. I am of the Brown Ajah; we do not seek to answer what would have been, but rather what was.

"To continue, before they left, the male Aes Sedai left a gift to the Ogier for their sanctuary. The Ways let someone travel from one Waygate to another in hours or days, covering distances that might otherwise have been covered in weeks or months. At the time, with the world shifting around them, the Ways were an even greater gift than it might seem now.

"And they left the Ogier Elders a final gift, a talisman that could be used for growing more. Each stedding has a Waygate, and so do the cities that had or have Ogier groves, though I believe that only in Tar Valon does the Ogier Grove still stand."

She pauses for a second in her explanation.

While she is waiting for Yuri to finish reading her Journal Shalimar watches his face trying to read his emotions. She twirls her hair absently in her fingers.

What am I trying to do here? This probably wasn't wise, but I did it for the same reason I tried to heal all of those men. I can't stand to let people be in pain, and he is really in pain over Tasha. This will make him feel better. I know it will. Unless he acts like a more wool-brained fool then usual. I hope he doesn't take that last part amiss. it was just an illusion...hopefully. I just let him see it to show how happy that final arch is.

I don't love Yuri do I? Yes, I really do love him, just... I am not sure I love him in that way, or do I? I had better tell him. He will probably take it the wrong way without an explination.

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri's face is as calm as stone as he reads through Shalimar's journal. When he finishes, he sets it down on the bed.

"I...I hope she's as happy as you were in that place."

Yuri stands hurriedly and looks down into the young Accepted's face.

"Shalimar, about your experience the third time through...I consider you a good friend, and it's not that you're not beautiful--you are--but I've never thought of you that way before. I felt you should know that."

Light, please down let her be hurt! I'd hate to see that face in pain; she really is beautiful.

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Going back in time a bit...

To Tomas:

"I'd be happy to help you learn the sword, though I warn you it will be hard work."

Remove ads