WotC WotC blacklist. Discussion

JEB

Legend
I'd be surprised if ENWorld was on Wizards' blacklist, since we know folks who worked on Radiant Citadel were acknowledging posts here. Though I suppose those were freelancers, not Wizards employees...

While not about WotC, anyone here who has people on Ignore, or does so on other sites or social media, has a personal blacklist for those sites. And for another comparison, Colin Kapernick is blacklisted by the NFL, or some team would have signed him long ago. The first could be an example of a good use of a blacklist, while the other is a bad use. But either way, blacklists have to follow a fine line between being preventative/warning of bad actors and bullying. If WotC has one, I would think it would be the kind used to warn other companies about anti-inclusive asshats that don't deserve space in something that is only trying to be more open and inclusive.

dave2008

Legend
Because I remember when ENWorld got interviews and such, and Morrus has complained about the lack of communication from WotC before. I don't know when that stopped, because I was an irregular lurker for 12-15 years.
I remember that the D&D team used to more involved in EnWorld; however, I believe that change occurred before the "current regime." I also don't know that they are on a blacklist either. Though I do find it interesting that EnWorld reports about D&D stuff, but doesn't get the interviews and early PR info that some sites do. So maybe it started with an earlier regime and has continued?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases