WotC WotC blacklist. Discussion

Stormonu

Legend
No, the behavior in question started years before LevelUp was even a thought. I am pretty sure it predates 5e.
Hmmm...maybe something that happened during all the negativity during 4E? It might not have even been something Morrus did, but even the general mood of the boards made it unattractive to deal with certain individuals posting during that time?

The OP quotes Morrus. Obviously the quote doesn't mean he is saying EnWorld is blacklisted, but it could look like that.
Given that ENWorld is regularly mentioned in WotC surveys, it seems pretty much impossible that ENWorld is on the list. It seems more likely that WotC has asked ENWorld not to deal with certain individuals/companies.

Now, given the number of unsavoury folk floating about in this hobby, I have no problem with reputable companies not wanting to be associated with them, even indirectly.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I remember that the D&D team used to more involved in EnWorld; however, I believe that change occurred before the "current regime." I also don't know that they are on a blacklist either. Though I do find it interesting that EnWorld reports about D&D stuff, but doesn't get the interviews and early PR info that some sites do. So maybe it started with an earlier regime and has continued?
As far as I remember, that happened during 4e. There was a WoTC marketing dude that used to post here and got into to a few rows with other posters, that I thought was a bad look for a marketing bod. He got laid off and then WoTC employees stopped posting here. I think it was shortly after Mike Mearls started working there.
I definitely remember Mearls posting here after getting the WoTC job but stopping relatively quickly after.

pukunui

Legend
As far as I remember, that happened during 4e. There was a WoTC marketing dude that used to post here and got into to a few rows with other posters, that I thought was a bad look for a marketing bod. He got laid off and then WoTC employees stopped posting here. I think it was shortly after Mike Mearls started working there.
I definitely remember Mearls posting here after getting the WoTC job but stopping relatively quickly after.
You are thinking of Scott Rouse. I remember how he used to post here.

I remember Mike Mearls posting here as well.

R_J_K75

Legend
I am a stranger in a strange land.

When individuals step out of line with my values I avoid them and frankly avoid their products. Not consistently….and maybe not if there is no substitute. I am only human.

But this new trend of demanding weird apologies that have to framed just so is foreign to me.

Otherwise no one should touch them! They’re untouchable! Now let’s hear that perfectly worded aplogy so we can know if you have any human worth!

Or else you’re ruined!

I don’t get it. Don’t remember this stuff when I was a bit younger. Icky
I dont remember it when I was younger either. First time I remember encountering this type of logic was in the late 90s/early 2000's when the participation trophy was instituted in tee ball. Now those kids are adults, see the connection.

dave2008

Legend
I dont remember it when I was younger either. First time I remember encountering this type of logic was in the late 90s/early 2000's when the participation trophy was instituted in tee ball. Now those kids are adults, see the connection.
I guess you should have played soccer, I played and coached soccer and we only got trophies for winning. ;)

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You are thinking of Scott Rouse. I remember how he used to post here.

I remember Mike Mearls posting here as well.
Mearls, I think, did the full Social Media blackout after the Zak S. situation. If he stopped posting, here, that's far more likely the reason, isn't it?

Remove ads