D&D 5E WotC Delays New D&D Book Announcement

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

46DC5C6F-B5F2-4968-9AC0-963D767EEDFC.png

The book was due to be announced on Thursday 9th January after a mysterious entry appeared on Amazon with a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020. See the original news item here:
They haven't given a reason; back in November WotC delayed the launch of the sapphire D&D anniversary dice at the last minute, too.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sighs

Alright, WotC, so, how many episodes do I have to watch to get the appeal of this? You have my money, shut up and take it.

To be honest, the book itself might be the ticket to that...

If you are curious, start with Campaign 2. The appeal will work for you or not, pretty quickly.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Does this mean that I'm getting what I always wanted? Are we actually going to have more official classes?

I am most excited, but cautiously considering whether this is the case.
Well, we did get the Artificer just recently... so new classes are on the table. But this book's product description only mentions new subclasses, not classes, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, we did get the Artificer just recently... so new classes are on the table. But this book's product description only mentions new subclasses, not classes, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Yeah, it's not mentioned... but I'm not going to take the blurb they gave Amazon as definitive on that front.

darjr

I crit!
Well.... I think this may work in their favor. I think a LOT of folks now have a big interest to listen in on the announcement and those who are less than happy won’t. That stream chat is going to be NUTS

Remove ads

Remove ads