WotC WotC general D&D survey just went live.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hybrids are just as much a "racial heirarchy" as half races are. Hybrid vs. half race is just like six vs. half dozen.
Remove the mechanical distinction remove the hierarchy. If WotC could get away with dropping Species and giving a handful of starting Feats, I'm ure they'd take it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Will there be racial feats in the not-so-bold new era?
Nope, probably not. And I'm not even saying any of this to argue a point, I'm just calling out what is happening and why it is inevitable on today's environment for some very, very good reasons external to the game itself.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Nope, probably not. And I'm not even saying any of this to argue a point, I'm just calling out what is happening and why it is inevitable on today's environment for some very, very good reasons external to the game itself.
Tell me why this is a good game they're making. I truly don't understand your perspective. As far as I can tell, there's not a single decision WotC has made in the last few years that you didn't agree with. They're a game company. Tell me why making a game in this way is a good thing?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Tell me why this is a good game they're making. I truly don't understand your perspective. As far as I can tell, there's not a single decision WotC has made in the last few years that you didn't agree with. They're a game company. Tell me why making a game in this way is a good thing?
I was definitely not a fan of the OGL shenanigans, and Magic creative lost my interest with Innistrad.

But, yes, I have enjoyed most everything they have put out since 2014. Same with the MCU, even post-Endgame.

I really feel that why this particular move is wise is self-evident, but I'm not getting into.it on this board.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I was definitely not a fan of the OGL shenanigans, and Magic creative lost my interest with Innistrad.

But, yes, I have enjoyed most everything they have put out since 2014. Same with the MCU, even post-Endgame.

I really feel that why this particular move is wise is self-evident, but I'm not getting into.it on this board.
Ok, I guess I'm just not going to understand you then. WotC has decided not to try anything with the slightest risk to it. They're not being forced by anything except fear of the mob.

What does the MCU have to do with this?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
All of that sounds like simultaneously a waste of design effort AND a cash grab. How far we've fallen.
I guess you weren't around here on the EN World boards back in 2015 when it seemed like 2 out of every 3 players was bitching and moaning about how overpowered Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter were and that WotC HAD HAD HAD to fix them or else the game was going to die a quick death.

Now they're finally doing it 8 years later and it's a waste of time? Sounds like it's the player's needs and expectations for an effective game that have fallen, nothing about WotC, LOL.

Remove ads