D&D 5E WOTC I Love Skills and Backgrounds

windywinter

First Post
You should be more direct with your feedback - try send your thoughts to WotC directly, than post on forum. You will have better chance to be noticed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You should be more direct with your feedback - try send your thoughts to WotC directly, than post on forum. You will have better chance to be noticed.

Let's not introduce ourselves to EN World by telling people to post their discussion threads on a different messageboard, eh?

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I like the general idea they are moving toward but I don't like the fact that abili checks are pass/fail checks.

I'd much rather have them be more like degrees of success/failure.

For example climbing the side of an old fortress wall will be a DC 14 check, fail by up to 5 points, you slip 1d4x10 feet and suffer 1d4 points of damage per 10' but you can roll again, fail by 6-10 points, you fall and 1d8x10 feet and suffer 1d6 points of damage per 10', fail by more than 10 points and its critical failure, somthing very bad happen :devil: you might fall and cause your friends to fall or you might cause the wall to crumble etc.
pass by up to 5 points, you climb your climb speed to the top of the wall, pass by 6-10 points choose one of the following: double climb speed, climb silently, climb unseen etc pass by 10+ critical success something very good happen.

Warder

Remove ads