D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least. Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I can't imagine them going in on a Planescape-focused book rather than one that covers the whole cosmology. I can definitely see Sigil getting a chapter -- home bases are good -- but rather than a bunch of material focused on the factions and just the outer planes, I think we're more likely to see them do all of the planes with those pages instead.
Yeah, if this book were to come out, I definitely think it would have a chapter on all the outer and inner planes, expanding on the information in the DMG.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
DC Comics's Flash has a rogues gallery villain named Mirror Master who has been doing that shtick, as far as I know, since the 1960's.
Mirror Master's abilities don't work anything like the Plane of Mirrors. He has jumped in and out of mirrors before, and lurked in a few over the years, but if there's a large extradimensional space he uses behind the mirrors to move back and forth through our world, it's not something that's happened often enough to be a core element of the character.

Writers really aren't sure what to do with him. He started off with a "mirror gun" that shot sunlight lasers, had mirrored contact lenses that could hypnotize people and has summoned people's reflections and such.

It's a neat idea for a character, but the implementation is a mess, much moreso than for the rest of the Rogues Gallery, who tend to have one easy to define schtick (other than the Trickster, of course).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can't imagine them going in on a Planescape-focused book rather than one that covers the whole cosmology. I can definitely see Sigil getting a chapter -- home bases are good -- but rather than a bunch of material focused on the factions and just the outer planes, I think we're more likely to see them do all of the planes with those pages instead.

Maybe some Column A, some Column B in play there. The factions woukd provide some hooks for Adventure, which is one of the big things for these kinds of campaign resource books.

dave2008

Legend
DC Comics's Flash has a rogues gallery villain named Mirror Master who has been doing that shtick, as far as I know, since the 1960's. (Obviously Wonderland and Narnia are even older). Still, a lot of writers get ideas from comics they read as a kid.
Andy comics get their ides form folklore, myth, and earlier writers.

Remove ads

Remove ads