• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least. Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I've read a book with an idea similar to that. It must have been inspired. It's the Brandon Mull series of "Candy Shop Wars" that has basically that exact same thing, where they can enter mirrors and travel to different mirrors in this "mirrorrealm"
In Raymond Feists Magician books, there's a hall of doors that works in a similar manner.

dave2008

Legend
See, I interpreted those summoning spells to also go along with Planescape, but I could be wrong.
They came out 5 years ago.
I guess my question to you is: Why assume things about Demons, Devils, and True names are about Planescape. These are a part of many fantasy and specifically D&D settings. Why do you feel a need to say if WotC is provided these options it is for Planescape. Why would it not just be for D&D in general. The most central an unique thing about Planescape is Sigil IMO. IF they do a book that details Sigil (possibly with an intro adventure), then I would say that is Planescape book.

dave2008

Legend
WotC has confirmed that M:tG world use the same Great Wheel cosmology. I personally reject this, but it's canon.
Did they confirm it is the great wheel or that they are all part of the same multi-verse setting? I mean Eberron is part of the D&D multi-verse, but it is not part of the great wheel.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hypothetical model:

• Chapter 1: Player options
  • Chapter 2: The Factions
  • Chapter 3: detailed Sigil & Outlands Gazateer
  • Chapter 4: Adventure material for using the factions and planar material at all levels
  • Chapter 5: Magic loot
  • Chapter 6: all the mosnters
I can't imagine them going in on a Planescape-focused book rather than one that covers the whole cosmology. I can definitely see Sigil getting a chapter -- home bases are good -- but rather than a bunch of material focused on the factions and just the outer planes, I think we're more likely to see them do all of the planes with those pages instead.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
They came out 5 years ago.
I guess my question to you is: Why assume things about Demons, Devils, and True names are about Planescape. These are a part of many fantasy and specifically D&D settings. Why do you feel a need to say if WotC is provided these options it is for Planescape. Why would it not just be for D&D in general. The most central an unique thing about Planescape is Sigil IMO. IF they do a book that details Sigil (possibly with an intro adventure), then I would say that is Planescape book.
Sorry, I thought you were referencing this UA: https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/downloads/UA2020-SpellsTattoos.pdf
I think that it is likely that Xanathar's 2.0 will have a section on Sigil, if it is a planar compendium.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've read a book with an idea similar to that. It must have been inspired. It's the Brandon Mull series of "Candy Shop Wars" that has basically that exact same thing, where they can enter mirrors and travel to different mirrors in this "mirrorrealm"

DC Comics's Flash has a rogues gallery villain named Mirror Master who has been doing that shtick, as far as I know, since the 1960's. (Obviously Wonderland and Narnia are even older). Still, a lot of writers get ideas from comics they read as a kid.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads