• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you buy a Dark Sun setting book for 5e?

Would you buy a Dark Sun setting book for 5e?

• Yes, I like Dark Sun.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Probably yes, but I'd make sure to read some reviews first.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Probably no, unless WotC really does a spectacular job with the book.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • No, I dislike Dark Sun.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I don't buy setting books.

Votes: 5 3.6%

delericho

Legend
Probably. It depends on what they do with the setting (and if the psionics rules come out before the DS book, it will also depend on what they do with those).

Oh, and it also depends on whether DS is the next setting I'm interested in to be released or not - if not, and if they mess up whatever setting it is they do release, then I won't be buying DS.

Athelstaine

Explorer
I voted no, unless the they do a spectacular job on it. If they can keep the lore of the original box set intact and add some mechanics needed for the setting and they don't suck, I would get it. If it is anything like what they did with the 4e version, I will not touch it.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I don't know why most of the polls that get made on ENWorld insist on attaching emotions onto particular choices. There's no reason why a Yes or a No option should be given reasons like "I like it" or "I don't like it" unlike you're going to list a dozen other different options with various reasons why the answer is Yes or No. All it does is mess up the results because people might vote for other options because they don't agree with the attached emotion given.

Olrox17

Hero
I don't know why most of the polls that get made on ENWorld insist on attaching emotions onto particular choices. There's no reason why a Yes or a No option should be given reasons like "I like it" or "I don't like it" unlike you're going to list a dozen other different options with various reasons why the answer is Yes or No. All it does is mess up the results because people might vote for other options because they don't agree with the attached emotion given.
We do it to mess with you, specifically! :)

On a more serious note, I wanted to see how many posters would buy (or refuse to buy) because of an "emotional" reason (like/dislike), and how many would decide for more "analytical" (for lack of a better word) reasons (informed purchase, product quality etc).
Also, I don't make polls for a living.

It occurs to me that ideally we'd need to know the past campaign setting buying habits of the respondants. If this poll only gives 60% purchasing likelihood (for instance) but on average only 50% of us bought the most popular 5e setting published so far, then Dark Sun is wildly popular.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I'd buy it because I'm trying to collect all the official hardbacks for 5E (a validation of their strategy to release fewer books, as I don't think I'd be doing this if there were 1 book per month). But I don't know how much of it I'd use, to be honest; Dark Sun doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, from everything I've heard about it.

Remathilis

Legend
Can't vote on Tapatalk, but as a general rule, my interest is tied to how radical the rules are donated compared to the core. If it is in par with Eberron or Ravnica (tweaked or omitted races, new class or subclasses, added rules like psionics and defiling) then I'm interested. Something more radical than that (wholesale banning of many classes, rewriting rules, alternative ability score methods, etc) and I'm out. Make a new game if it's that radical.

Remove ads