• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you like a 5e video game akin to Neverwinter Nights & Neverwinter Nights 2?

Would you like a video game?

• Yes, I would like a 5e video game similar to Neverwinter Nights style.

Votes: 93 73.8%
  • Yes, I would like a 5e video game, but with a different style.

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • No, I do not want a 5e video game.

Votes: 7 5.6%

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
I would be more interested in a game based off of Xcom2 or Shadowrun returns with a hideout and party but using magic and medieval weapons. Also, voiced instead of text spam, large numbers of text boxes increases strains my eyes and increase my play fatigue so I can't binge play as for as long while my wife is out shopping or on a trip with her lady friends.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I think I'd prefer a more party-based, Infinity-style game to something closer to NWN or KotOR, but I'd be fine with those. These were great games of their own, after all.

What I definitely do not want is a kind of turn-based slog a la the Gameboy Advance remake of Eye of the Beholder. 4e would have made for a fine turn-based gridded strategy RPG, but I don't think either 3.X or 5e really fit that style well.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm the opposite, I don't like consoles.

Well, you are more likely to get what you want than I am.

Currently, I only have a kinda-sorta console. I bought a Switch for the kids, which I occasionally use to play multiplayer games with them.

I'm holding off on getting an X-Box until the next Everscroll game or some similar game excites me enough to buy a console to play it. Unfortunately, it seems Everscroll 6 will be a mobile game. If I can get it on the switch I might try it, otherwise this may be the first Everscrolls game I pass on.

I suppose I could go back to playing games on a PC. If I can get a powerful enough PC box at reasonable price that i can just keep turned on all the time and connect to my large plasma TV. But even with a wireless key board and mouse...ick. I just want to sit back, grab a controller and play.

Every time I go back to PC gaming, it just starts to feel like work. I last tried with the re-release of Planescape: Torment, which I love, but I never finished it because I just had playing games on my laptop.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Well, you are more likely to get what you want than I am.

Currently, I only have a kinda-sorta console. I bought a Switch for the kids, which I occasionally use to play multiplayer games with them.

I'm holding off on getting an X-Box until the next Everscroll game or some similar game excites me enough to buy a console to play it. Unfortunately, it seems Everscroll 6 will be a mobile game. If I can get it on the switch I might try it, otherwise this may be the first Everscrolls game I pass on.

I suppose I could go back to playing games on a PC. If I can get a powerful enough PC box at reasonable price that i can just keep turned on all the time and connect to my large plasma TV. But even with a wireless key board and mouse...ick. I just want to sit back, grab a controller and play.

Every time I go back to PC gaming, it just starts to feel like work. I last tried with the re-release of Planescape: Torment, which I love, but I never finished it because I just had playing games on my laptop.

PC Gaming is honestly going the way of the dodo, what with most big PC games getting releases for consoles anyway (and thus optimized for consoles). PCs are only worth it for the modding community, but that's starting to become more and more accessible on consoles too lately. I'm trying to get my hands on a good laptop/tablet crossover (been eyeing the Surface Pro in particular) to run the classics I've got sitting around on my GOG library, but that's really all you need a PC for for gaming these days. The best PC-exclusives at this point are all indie games that don't put a huge strain on your hardware.

Also, the Elder Scrolls mobile game looks like it's going to be a spinoff; Elder Scrolls VI should be a full-fledged single-player release.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads