• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Biggest Time Sucks

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Tell me of your biggest time sucks - those things and activities that you feel compelled to spend your precious free time pursuing.

For me, it's the following:

1. Campaign Cartographer 3 mapping software - somewhere along the line, this went from RPG tool meant to assist and enhance the gaming experience to hobby unto itself.

2. hulu.com/tv.com - I always seem to have a pop up window with an episode of Forever Knight, American Gothic or Star Trek: TOS running on my computer lately. Not to mention a ton of other shows I want to experience again or never saw when they first aired.

3. Google SketchUp - my latest time suck obsession. It's cool, easy to use, and addictive. Have I really been up until 3 in the morning drawing in 3D... again?

B-)

Merkuri

Explorer
Definitely Hulu for me. A big part of it is that a lot of the videos I want to watch have an expiration date, and a good chunk of them are expiring next month, so I feel like if I don't want to miss my chance to see these videos I need to watch them in the next few weeks, so now just about any time I sit down at my PC I have a Hulu video playing.

Facebook games used to be a time sink for me, but I cut myself off of a few of them. I realized I was spending too much time with dead-end games, the kind that you click on buttons to get more XP so that you can level up and click on more buttons. I now only have two Facebook games I play, and I find I really don't miss the others.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Lately it has been:
1) Trying to catch up on stuff on the DVR to clear some space now that Chuck, Leverage and Burn Notice are returning and Caprica is starting.

2) Plants Vs. Zombies

3) EN World following a year-long hiatus from the site.

1) Storyhours
I spend a lot of time plotting, setting up, doing and writing stories that no one seems to care for.

2) Hivemind
Pop in regularly. True inter-action has been dwindling but I still pop in

3) Worrying about Bills
As the saying goes- If not for bad luck I would have none. Added tow bill today as my car went off the driveway and teetertotted on a steep bank with two tires suspended off the ground. Frag it all! I really needed the 125 dollars it cost to pull me free and the 90 dollars I lost from calling in at work.

lightgun_suicide

First Post
Perhaps its the obvious answer but the Internet. Sites in order of time-suck: two or three forums, facebook, youtube, wikipedia and lastfm. Factor in Google searches and checking emails and I'm pretty much online 24/7 (all my jobs have involved web development, go figure).

Remove ads