Battle at Harkon Manor

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Jareth stands, holding the sobbing woman, his own mouth agape. Could she mean Tharivol? He had never used a name even close to Valorn, but why else would this noblewoman blame Jareth for anything? Not used to being anything close to comforting, he clumsily tries to pat her shoulder. Quietly, he asks, “Milady, I do not understand what you are saying. I have laid no curse upon anyone. Please, come and sit down, then try to explain a little more.”
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham waits for the others to join him and follows along, riding beside Claude. Claude gives him a few more pointer and he finally starts to get the hang of riding. In fact, by the time they get back to the wayhouse, he is actually starting to enjoy himself.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After reacing the villiage Vance starts giving orders in a crisp voice of one use to command. "Onesimus, Kase secure the prisoner inside. Robert the horses." The two warriors take down the prisoner who was changed into a smock and slacks, a sack put over his head.

Helping Lora down he dismounts and let's Robert take his horse, as Marko approaches. "Ah one moment shoe-maker." His tone indicating that this young man is more than a mere shoe-maker.

"Miss Lora, Lord Gringard would you be willing to bring your grimest faces to my little charade?" he asks his mischievous grin starting to form as he turns to speak with Marko.

"And you young Marko I will have need of your talents but I do not want you to say a word just listen and report to me what is said." Putting his guantlets under his belt he rubs his hands together, "Come let's see what we can learn from this cretin." he says heading for the door to the inside of the way house.

[sblock=OOC] Didn't forget you ghostcat but Vance forgot about Trinham :p you can pull up an outside table or sneak inside.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] "Milady," the maid says as Rizella continues to cry. "Shall I fetch some tea milady?"

"Yes, please do." she says as Jareth leads her to the chair vacated eariler by Tira. Sniffing she wipes her eyes with a handkerchief and looks up at Jareth. "I am sorry, you are not to blame I... I just. It's those elves who are to blame and their stupid laws."

Over the next few hours (and two pots of tea) Jareth learns of Rizella and Tharivol's father meeting and falling in love. About the child that was Tharivol growing up in Harkon a secert kept from the elves, and taught their ways. But after an accident in the forest Tharivol had to get help for his father and an elven villiage was closer than Harkon, the secert out Tharivol's father was sentenced to exile in exchange for Tharivol's life.

The story lasts well towards lunch and as Rizella asks her maid to make something avaiable the maid answers, "Yes ma'am. And will Lord Vance and the others also be joining in for lunch. They have returned from their morning ride."[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Just wanted to fast foward your in game time and a story told by a heart broken lady would do just that. LOL Your character your call: Lunch with a lady or go meet up with everyone else? [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Jareth listens, carefully paying attention. Tharivol never talked much about his life, always focused on teaching his pupil. Now Jareth understood why…

“Lady Rizella, if it is any consolation, your son was an excellent teacher, and I will be doing all I can to have the charges against him dropped. He, in no small part, is the reason I am who and what I am today. It may very well be that he is my only true friend. If you can help, please give Tira whatever supplies she may ask for. The two of us plan to go to Tirol in secret, so I may speak at the trial, to show the elves that humans can be trusted, that we are on the same side. Please, put your trust in me, as my father trusted your son with me, many years ago.”

[sblock=OOC]
Jareth will stay and have lunch with Her Ladyship, to talk more and give what little comfort he can. No offense to the others, but he doesn’t really care about them, at this point.

Also, since the combat is done, shall we do away with sblock’ing these conversations, or do you want to keep it “out of sight” for the moment?
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Deskjob

First Post
Marko, The Wayhouse

Marko bows to acknowledge he understands his instructions. His eyes falling upon the band of returning travelers one by one. Claude, Loreen, Trinham, and their accompanying animals. One by one he nods a simple greeting.

The title of shoe-maker caught him off guard. He was his fathers son but held no official political rank. Perhaps shoe-maker would suffice for now. He kinda liked the humility it brought with it. In his current garb he appear even more the commoner to these companions.

His unsaddled belongings he kept close and he awaited Lord Valorn to unfold his plan. At the sight of an elven prisoner Marko couldn't help but guess his knowledge of their native tongue would benefit the group. It was only the image of a war too near that now held his tongue tightly. The conflict was closer than he had ever imagined.

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Marko bows to acknowledge he understands his instructions. His eyes falling upon the band of returning travelers one by one. Claude, Loreen, Trinham, and their accompanying animals. One by one he nods a simple greeting.

"There is no need to bow to me, although your lord may give me a title I have no wish to own one. Mon nom est Claude Francois Grignard, I am interested in what you will bring to the table Marko." Claude says in response to Marko's bow. Claude had a small smile on his face after the intoduction, he did not know why but he felt as if this person in front of him has some major part in what is to come.

"Excuse, Lord Valorn. How do you intend to gain information from our captive? Does he speak our tongue?" Claude says after his thoughts on what Marko's purpose may be in this group

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] When the maid returns letting you know lunch is ready and Rizella rises to lead the way to the dining hall. A fair table is laid out with fruits and cheeses, bread and wine. After following the lady of the house to table, Jareth is stunned at how he automatically goes into the act of being a gentleman. Pulling out the ladies chair sitting and holding his utensils correctly as if he were back at lessons.

A slightly spicy beef soup is brought out as the main course and as Rizella sips at her soup she asks, "You say Tira will go with you to help Tharivol? She is your half sister is she not, are you sure you wish to put her in any danger?" the calmness of her question and the motherly concern in her voice let's Jareth know, that although she knows of his kinship with Tira she does not know his feelings towards it.

[sblock=OOC] I say keep the sblocks keeps it all nice and neat. ;) [/sblock][/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Jareth doesn’t mind slipping into some more refined customs. It might be a bit nicer, after being with the Irregulars. Uneducated fools, so many of them… No, what he minds is the false speech and exaggerated accoutrements of a courtly life. Those things only ing him annoyance and frustration.

Jareth calmly has his soup, enjoying the actual flavor of the food. He realizes just how long he’s been eating the boring trail rations, how much he has missed real food. He chuckles ruefully, just before the Lady asks her question.

The young man takes a deep breath and bites his lip, considering his response and his own thoughts on the situation. He makes a small grunt, saying coldly, “She may be my half-sister, but we’re not family. I’d never seen her until yesterday. So, I don’t really have any feelings on it, other than this being a pragmatic solution to the problem. She knows the area, and is willing to help another half-elf, so I won’t turn her down. Besides, she knows the risks perfectly well.”

He turns his eyes back to his soup, not really wanting to meet Lady Rizella’s gaze. He knew his words would sound cold, but they were honest. Tira was only related by his father’s blood, hadn’t grown up with Jareth and his actual family, hadn’t gone through their troubles… If she went into the danger with him, it was of her own free will.
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora hadn't had the time to try and squeeze herself out of an explanation of why she had asked if Vance drank. In truth, she herself did not know why she cared enough to ask. It would almost seem as if she were scouting him for the flaws that would make him unsuitable for marriage. But that would be insane, of course.

Lora took Vance's hand with gratitude, as her shoulder still smarted quite a bit, with a tickle of blood dripping down and between her shoulder blades. "This dress is ruined, Sannaya herself can't return it to normal." murmured the girl to herself, her voice heavy with disappointment.

When she met a tall young man who was supposedly a shoe maker, Lora nodded with restraint and continued on. She observed the way the man handled himself and his posture, and it was apparent he knew his way around a blade. When the matter of interrogation came to mind, Lora thanked Mirella and her tutorship once again.

[sblock=Elven]Fortunately I know the language of the Elves, and can be of assistance. - Lora said with a stern face, looking around to see who knew what she was saying. It never hurt to know more about the ones around oneself.[/sblock]

Remove ads