Battle at Harkon Manor

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
{{Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva}} Vance says in elven to Lora his voice taking on a softer almost musical quality.

"But I don't believe the elf inside will be able to understand either of us," he says grimly his voice again a little gruff. "That is what Marko is for. I am told you had a chance to learn High Elven and speak it very well. Is this true?" he asks while waiting and watching the door into the wayhouse.

[sblock=Elven] "Beautifully spoken, I hope we can have a longer conversation soon." [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Lora speaks elven so might be able to catch every word in like 5 or 6. I will let you know what she catches. In other news it is late and I will post more by midnight tonight, hoping ghostcat finds a way to slip Trinham in to this "interrogation". :D If not I'll think of something and I need to post for DW.[/sblock]

Deskjob

First Post
Marko, The Wayhouse

Marko took the opportunity to answer, "...Yes Lordship. You are correct. My father felt it a necessary talent for the members of our family to speak such a language. My ancestors are honored through my knowledge. However, I am not as skilled in my use of language as the lady." He gave Lora a slight bow in acknowledgement of her talents.

Marko was equally thankful for Claude's greeting. He felt comfortable around the knight as he did with his colorful companions.

OOC: breaking post order to answer Valorn. Sorry.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] there's a posting order?? I didn't know when is it my turn?? :p [/sblock]

"Remarkable and most fortunate for us," Vance says as Kase steps out of the wayhouse. "We are ready milord." the man says with a slight bow.

"Good. Your job Marko is to listen and remember what it is this elf says. I will try and get him to talk, maybe he speaks common, but better to have you here. Come let us get this over with quickly."

Vance follows Kase into the wayhouse a grim determined look on his face.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] "You will be careful all the same, I hope." Rizella says finishing her small bowl of soup and having some fruit for dessert. "I believe you and Tira to be Tharivol's only chance to be freed. What of your other friends the ones you arrived with will they not wish to accompany you?" [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Jareth nods. “Of course, milady. We are not setting out immediately. Tira said she could improve our chances if she had a couple days to gather supplies. According to her, the trial should be on the night of the full moon. As for the others, I care not one way or another. I wouldn’t mind some reinforcements, but a smaller number of people will likely pass easier. I care most about the results.”
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=HM]Trinham silently curses Vance for forgetting him; again. Of course if he was female or noble Vance would be all over him. As it is, he is male and a commoner. So, as far as Vance is concerned he is part of the furniture. Still All the better of sneaking up on you my dear he thinks, misquoting a line from a story his mother used to tell him when he was a boy. Not only has Vance overlooked him but Lora seemed to have forgotten him as well. Oh well, things where starting to get too organised around here anyway.

Trinham sits outside the wayhouse and, sitting Mogins on his knee, absent mindedly strokes him. "Mogins, we are going to be doing a bit of sneaking, so keep close and behave."

Having given the others a few minutes to get clear, he silently follows them inside. All the time looking for a place where he can conceal himself while seeing and hearing what's going on.

Relevant Skills: Move Silently +9, Hide +6, Listen +2[/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Although Claude was not told to go into the house he moved anyways, he would want to keep watch over the well being of the elf. Claude understood that if he pleaded the case of the elf's rights it may not please the nobels of this town, and bothering Vance at this point would bother Lora. He expected more from her, she did not seem the type to be swept off of her feet. All that he hoped would not happen would be that it clouds her judgement.

That gets him to thinking of her ingnoring the party and his mind moves towards Trinham, he quickly scans the area for him.

[sblock=Check]
Spot:1d20+2=12
might as well try, even if he saw him he would have done nothing but ask him about it later.
[/sblock]

Deskjob

First Post
Marko, The Wayhouse

Marko followed Lord Valorn into the Wayhouse. He understood his directions and intended on keeping them. He held no bias toward the elven race. They had a place somewhere among his ancestors and one does tend to develop a better familiarity with them as he learns their language. But this elf was hostile and Marko held little pity for him. The rules of the battlefield held sway here.

Seeing that Claude was to join them Marko offered nothing in reply. His knowledge of his current company was little. He could not even chance a guess at how the Knight or his friends would react to the interrogation. Marko planned on folding his arms and letting Lord Valorn do the talking. At least, he hoped it was just talking. Marko had little patience for the ruthless and trusted Lord Valorn to keep things professional.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Post # 3,000

Waiting a couple minutes after the others enter the wayhouse, Trinham rises and makes for the door. His opportunity to enter comes quickly as a few patrons leave. Slipping into a corner by the door he watches as Vance seems to be rearranging the long common room. Tables have been pushed aside and a single chair sits in the middle of the room the Trelorian scout sitting slummped in it unconsious.

After the furniture is arranged Vance then begins to arrange the people, he sends the barkeep and the barmaid (Frella) out the back and puts Onesimus and Marko on either side of the elf as if they were guards and he tells Kase to watch the door. From his little corner Trinham sees Lora and Claude seated at a round table off to the side. Brend stands near the table arms folded as always. Moggins followed Trinham in but after a few rubs on the man's leg notices he's not going to get his ears scratched and so heads towards the others.

"Now tel'wizen shall we begin?" he asks. Brend steps forward taking a pitcher off the table and stands near the elf. He lays a hand on the scouts shoulder and whispers a quiet prayer. A divine glow surrounds the man's hand and then disappears. Waiting a few seconds Brend then takes the contents of the pitcher and dumps them over the head of the elf.

Sputtering to consiousness Trinham gets a good look at the captive. Slender and short he would pass for a man in the Peshlands if not for the large pointed ears and almond slanted eyes. The shirt and breeches he was put into must belong to Kase or maybe Vance himself they were baggy on the slender frame of the elf. Water dripped from his honey colored hair cropped short in a military style so as not to get in the eyes or give the enemy anything to grab. Water from his face and clothes made a puddle on the floor and the scout shook his head sending drops elsewhere. Trying to move, his hands stayed in his lap tied as they were to his feet, making there no way for him to stand.

{{"Edanea! Nadorhuanrim!"}} he says spitting. Brend's backhand is quick and quite forceful across the elf's face. Blood flys to the floor as the elf's lip is split open.

"No 'wizen that is not the way." Vance says stepping between the elf and human. He goes to the same table taking a towel from it and then tries to pat the cut on the elves lip. Trying to move his head away the elf finally relents. Vance giving one of his winning grins finishes clotting the blood flow and then toss the towel on the table next to the empty pitcher.

"Fill that," he says to Brend, and the priest walks over behind a narrow counter dipping the pitcher in a water barrel. Bring it back to the table and sitting it down before cross his arms once more.

Nodding at his teacher and friend Vance turns back to the elf. "Do you understand the trade tongue?" he asks, then switches to Elven. {{"Lle anta quen Tel'Nandirly?"}}

{{"Auta miqula orqu!"}}the elf shouts back. Trinham notices the new man Marko twitch at what the elf said. And so did Vance for he stands and looking the man in the eye says, "There will be no more abuse of the prisoner, understand?"

"Yes sir!" Onesimus says saluting fist to chest. Marko is a little slower in responding but he does the same reply "Yes sir."

"Good," Vance says turning away from the two guards and walking over to the table. "Suggestions?" he asks loudly enough to be heard throughout the room. "I don't think he knows our languages and I surely do not know what he is saying."

"My Lord," Brend says quickly. "The elf is lying. There is no way their force came all this way and none of them knew the trade tongue. They would want to interrogate their own prisoners and maybe spy unseen. Let me..." he stops at Vance's raised hand.

"I would agree, but how about an ideal other than torture for now." he says again speaking rather loudly. Not loud enough to be shouting just enough to make sure everyone in the room hears him. "Lord Grignard? Miss Lora? What do you think?"

[sblock=OOC] Even though you were not address or need to stay hidden a post on your feeling of the situation or something else. It is all XP worthy. ;) And just had Trinham take ten on checks makes them pretty high.[/sblock]

[sblock=Elven] Do you speak Nadirly?? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude was surprised at Vance's actions, Claude was pleaseantly surprised by his understanding of war. His body relaxed quickly after Vance's showing of decency for the prisoner. Claude was now willing to speak to aid Vance.

Claude looks right at the elf and his eyes scan him for anything that may allow him to find something without resorting to speaking to him. "Well Lord Valorn, I cannot say je suis intelligent mai I do know people and I have studied wars during my youth. Let us understand who we deal with first shall we. If he is indeed so quick to lash out at us it would mean that he most likely young, for the elves of course, or this war has effected him personally." Claude says as he stands up from his seat to pace while he talks "If we say that he truly does not speak le langue familial than he may be an elf of a different sort, this may also expalin why his clothing may be to large for him. The clothing could be une indication of how they're forces fare. If they are unable to give proprer clothing to their troops than they must be having some form of difficulty. The clothes and his lacking of our tongue makes me think that this maybe no true military force at all but a small group that wished to play a part dans la geurre. If you still have the weapon around we could tell the quality of the force by that easily, Lord Valorn." Claude then took his seat again and awaited the judgement of his ideas from those who stood about him.

Remove ads