Battle at Harkon Manor

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Calude has been quiet for much of the time. He has not been craving the day where he will come back to a manor house and will then be reminded of why he took up the calling of the paladin. The reminder of the name of his former lord causes him to sour and grow even more quiet as he let Lora take most of the questions. As he sat and reflected on the nature of his upbringing he listened to the nobels speak to other members of the group he shakes his head. {If he believes that Miss Lora will be swayed that easily than he will have to rethink his position. This will be a good lesson for him, not everything is within reach and you must choose your battles wisely} Claude thought to himself as he watched the young nobel speak to Lora.

I did restrain myself, I would not risk upsetting the delicate ears of a noble and having us fail the mission. He doesn't seem like a bad person, this Lord Vance, but i have my reasons for... Anyway, Claude - she threw a quick glance at the older Paladin with her dark blue eyes. - you are of noble birth? If so, don't take offense."

"Yes and no, Miss Lora. I lived most of my life within the house of a nobel and was trained in the art of a nobel but I am nobel only by name. I was adopted by the Lord Jean Thomas Grignard in my home town. I was the son of Joseph Legault, a well known mercenary leader in Reygur. So you may say what you want about nobels it means little to me." Claude says in response to Lora with a smile, not because he liked that story but rather that he was surprised at how quickly Lora was learning how to be a great leader.

When te young girl asked the group what they wanted Claude gave a pleaseant smile at her. It reminded him that these were the people he was trying to help. "I will aslo have the local fair, and could you please bring with it some cheese and a local fruit, si vous plait, merci." He askes the girl kindly with his hands clasped together then rembering "Oh, miss if you could please point me towards the town chapel, we shall speak to the healers there ourselves to save you the effort, merci encore."

[sblock]
Sorry guys for not posting sooner, made an extra long one to make up for it.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The young lass (Frella) curtsies, and then turns to go back inside. Surprisingly she doesn't take anyones silver.

A few minutes later she returns with water and the odd drink for Lora. "I am sorry, but we can not take money from guest of his lordship." she says with downcast eyes. "Your food is on the way." she adds turning to go.

[sblock=OOC]
NOTE: Frella is a named NPC but the barkeep was not. Could be patrons about and country folk. [/sblock]

Sphyh

First Post
With a raised brow Onesimus retracts his hand with the five silvers. "Very well." Onesimus walks over the the barkeep at the counter while he waits for the food to be delivered. He addresses him in a low tone "I know as well as you do that your not going to be reimbursed for our cost and for that I would like to thank you personally for your sacrifice." He says with a slight exaggeration on 'thank you' as he extends his arm with a single gold coin slightly visible in his hand to exchange with the keep as they shake incognito.

Sunking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Tira
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 116lb
Hair: Bright Red
Eye:Emerald green
Skin:bronze shine(outdoors alot)

[sblock=Apperance] Tira is fair of build and moves with the grace of a hunting cat, she wears light leathers that allow her to blend in with the woodlands and shadows. She always keep her spear nearby expecting the worst. Tira keeps her hood up and keeps to the shadows, since she is not comfortable around lots of people and it can be seen in the way she is always trying to hide. [/sblock]

why not start at the wayhouse
[/sblock]

Tira sits up ageinst the wall watching the newcommers trying to find out if they are bringing trouble or just have arived at a bad time...
At first it seemed the trouble but the way they are treating the locals seems to tell another storie...

Her thoughts makes her forget not to stare and soon her eyes are discovered before she can look away.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group notices a short, slightly built person sitting on a bench near the wayhouse. A mug is set out before them looking untouched.

Their hood is up but you catch them staring for a moment at each of you.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry I'm late with the intro Sunking you did great and remember you know nothing of the advancing Treylor but you are here in Harkon to observe. [/sblock]

Sphyh

First Post
The barkeep receives the handshake and accepts the coin without ever breaking eye contact as he slides it casually into the front pocket of his old apron.

Onesimus nods and turns to return to his table and in doing so walks past Frella. There eyes meet for a second but he quickly adjusts his downward as he feels his check begin to blush slightly. Of all the places in world I come to the one bar with waitress that looks just like her. He keeps his eyes fixated on the ground until he arrives at the table where he takes his seat and then quickly takes a drink of water feeling like the eyes of the world are upon him.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude had been siting back pleaseantly watching how the group interacted with the tavern owners and gave a pleasent smile towards Onesimus for his charity. "That was a kind hearted deed my friend, I was about to do the same but at that payment was enough. We don't want to seem like our coin purses need lightening." Claude says to him quickly leaning back in his chair.
As he does this he begins looking around the room and people watching and trying to pick up little tid bits of local conversation but he then notices someone eyeing them. He quickly contiunes looking around nonchalantly. After a small amount of time he nudges Aiden and takes out his dagger and places it with the point towards te observer, Claude quietly and quickly whispers "Watch 'em". "Excuse, Miss Lora, I have something to ask the owner of the establishment and I believe that Aiden has something to tell you." With that Claude walks over the barkeep and askes him, "Excuse monsieur, could you tell me who that person is right there is," Claude askes with a quick movment of his head to identify the person he was talking about "I would like to talk to them and would like to know their name first if you would be so kind?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Claude approaches the wayhouse proprietor Frella starts to bring out trays of cheese and fruit. She pass by the dark skinned man a little quicker than necessary to get out of the way.

While Claude speaks to the owner he noticesthe clenched fist at his side. "Sir, I am sorry I do not know everyone who enters or pass through. You must excuse me I have your food to help bring out." He says, walking into the building slamming the door behind him.

Frella setting things on the table jumps at the loud 'thack' of the door. She keeps her head down eyes on what she is doing and says nothing.

[sblock=OOC] Note: Reygur is a long way away from Pesh, so prehaps this isn't the first time someone has been short wit Claude do to his nationality. But this feels alot stronger than those other times. [/sblock]​

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Merde..." Claude says as he turns and begins to return to the table fully understanding what had happened to him right there, he had become accustomed to it but this time hurt just as much as every other time he had attempted to help someone and they just looked at him with narrowed eyes.

Claude goes back to the group and sits down in his seat and then begins to stare directly at the person who was watching them and his eyes began to glow a faint green.

[sblock]
Detect Evil

sorry if I am going through a lot to figure out who this person is in character. Claude has gotten to be fairly untrusting of people during his travels, especially ones who stare at him and wear hoods.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Quite understandable I am the same way LOL. You detect no presence of evil (60' cone towards stranger).

@Sunking: Your character heard everything said to Vance out in the street. But the party quieted down when they reached the table due to Trinham's suggestion. I rolled a listen check and even if you max ranked it, it would not be enough sorry. Listen = 3

Hey first roll of this game for me and I listed the campaign as BaHM just use that for your IC rolls please. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases