OOC - Planetouched Peril (New to ENWorld PbP) - Completed

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
This is the OOC thread for Planetouched Peril, a 3.5 game set in my homebrew The World of Low'verok. This is for those who are new to ENWorld PbP gaming. :)

Our Cast of Characters

Fangor the Fierce - Ashlie - Female Dust Genasi Rogue 1
Cannibal Kender - Zafira - Female Fire Genasi Fighter 1
Verbatim - Jabin Jarek - Male Ooze Gensai Diviner 1
Rhia - Azure Rentlon - Female Radiance Genasi Bard 1
Jolmo - Kani Icebreath - Male Ice Para-Genasi Druid 1
Lady Shatterstone - Fianna Glade - Female Human Druid 2
Ghostknight - Helliad Noman's Son - Male Human Cleric 2 of Pelor

Inactive Players and Characters
Emperor Valerian- Aeron Malthis - Male Radiance Genasi Sorcerer 1
wolfheart - Pharos Victorix, "The Lion of Pelor" - Male Half-Elf (Black Pine) Fighter 1/Cleric of Pelor 1
Temujin - Sakurai 'Saku' - Male Human Fighter 2

In Character Thread
Rogue's Gallery Thread

Attachments

• lowverok.jpg
    lowverok.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Interested

I would like to join in on this. I am currently trying out my first character creation in D&D (Ever) in another PbP game on this forum, but would like to try out another. I only have the core 3.5 books. (DM Guide, PHB, and Monster's Manual)

Thanks,
Fangor

DanielJ

First Post
I'd be interested if your running the game on these boards.

I have the 3.5 books, the FRCS (forgotten realms campaign setting) and otherbooks that are not important to mention.

3.5 would suit me but its not my desicion obviosly. A forgotten realms game would be good.

Thanks

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm currently DMing nine games.

That simple means you need help! :lol: Unfortunately, I'm not a professional so I cannot offer any. ;)

Anyhow, this is still very nice of you and as one of her players I can simple tell you to jump at the chance as you will not regret it. :cool:

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm currently DMing nine games.

Wow! I do not even manage to get one going right now (as a DM it's quite a bit more work than a pen and paper game, as a player, however, it's no problem at all), altho that should change in 6-8 weeks. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Looks like I have three so far (Fangor the Fierce, EV, and DanielJ). I'm thinking that we may end up going 3.5 in my homebrew, as those without the FR books would be at a serious disadvantage. I would consider starting at level 2, because genasi (those humans touched by various elements) figure strongly in my world, and if people want to be one, they have a +1 ECL. How does that sound?

DanielJ

First Post
ok, do you have any character generation specific rules. do you use point buy?
or can we make our characters normally?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, for character generation, I like to do 32 point buy. Hit points are max at first level, and then 75% thereafter (+ Con of course). Genasi are available as a potential race, in addition to the normal PHB races of course. I would like good or neutral characters, no evil please.

Here are the different genasi that exist in Low'verok...

Ok, here's a quick run-down of all the various types of genasi, their powers, where they come from, and general personality. I'm going to list the four basic elements first, then the para-elements, and finally the quasi-elements. Note that all genasi have darkvision 60', so I won't bother including that. This is only the quick and dirty version, so if you end up deciding to be a genasi I can clarify things for you. All have a +1 ECL.

Four basic elements

Air - Air genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Air. While they are quick of hand and sharp of wit, they can be easily distracted, and proud of their planar heritage to the point of arrogance. +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha. They can levitate once per day, as per the spell. +1 racial bonus vs. air effects, which scales with level. They do not breathe, and thus cannot suffocate or drown. Electricity resistance 5.

Earth - Earth genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Earth. They are strong and tough, but somewhat oblivious and stubborn. +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis, -2 Cha. They can pass without trace 1/day, as per the spell. The also have the stonecunning trait (able to recognize unstable natural formations, tell distance underground, etc.). +1 racial bonus vs earth spells and effects, which scales with level. Acid resistance 5.

Fire - Fire genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Fire. They have bright minds, and people tend to be drawn to them like a moth to the flame. However their focus is like the leaping flames; inconsistent. +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Wis. +1 racial bonus vs fire spells and effects, which scales with level. Can control the intensity of fire 1/day. Fire resistance 5.

Water - Water genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Water. They have high endurance, but are cold and emotionally distant. +2 Con, -2 Cha. They can create water once per day. +1 racial bonus vs water spells and effects, which scales with level. They can breathe water. They have a +10 to Swim checks. Cold resistance 5.

Para-elements

Dust - Dust para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Dust (Earth and Air). They are surprisingly quick and nimble and sharp, but are often sickly and some have a morbid fascination with death. +4 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con, -2 Cha. +1 racial bonus vs dust spells and effects, which scales with level. Can create a dust cloud 1/day. They do not breathe.

Ice - Ice para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Ice (Water and Air). They are hearty and observant, but are also sluggish and often seem uncaring. +4 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Dex, -2 Cha. +1 racial bonus vs cold spells and effects, which scales with level. Can chill metal 1/day, as per the spell. Cold resistance 5.

Magma - Magma para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Magma (Earth and Fire). They are strong and tough, but they think slowly and uncertainly. +2 Con, +2 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis. +1 racial bonus vs fire spells and effects, which scales with level. Can heat metal 1/day, as per the spell. Fire resistance 5.

Ooze - Ooze para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Ooze (Earth and Water). They are hardy and resilient, but other races sometimes find them repulsive. +4 Con, -2 Cha. +1 racial bonus vs acid spells and effects, which scales with level. Can cast grease 1/day, as per the spell. Acid resistance 5.

Smoke - Smoke para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Smoke (Fire and Air). They are naturally quick and intelligent, but often unpleasant. +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. +1 racial bonus vs smoke and cloud-type effects, which scales with level. Can create a smoke cloud 1/day. They do not have to breathe.

Steam - Steam para-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Steam (Fire and Water). They are nimble and quick, but tend to be bossy and have oversized egos. +2 Dex, -2 Cha. + 1 racial bonus vs heat-based spells and effects, which scales with level. Can create obscuring mist 1/day, as per the spell. Can see through smoke, steam, and mist more clearly than others.

Quasi-elements

Ash - Ash quasi-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Ash (below the Plane of Fire). They are introspective, but not particularly social. +2 Wis, -2 Cha. +1 racial bonus vs both fire and cold-based spells and effects, which scales with level. They can extinguish flames 1/day. Cold resistance 5.

Lightning - Lightning quasi-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Lightning. They are quick rather than strong. +2 Dex, -2 Str. +1 racial bonus vs electrical spells and effects, which scales with level. They can cast shocking grasp 1/day, as per the spell. Electricity and sonic resistance 5.

Mineral - Mineral quasi-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Minerals (in the heart of the Plane of Earth). They are strong, but not particularly agile. +2 Str, -2 Dex. 1 racial bonus vs earth spells and effects, which scales with level. They cannot be petrified. They have racial bonuses to Appraise checks dealing with gems. They may cast stone shape 1/day, as per the spell.

Negatai - Negatia are quasi-genasi touched by the Plane of Negative energy (the energy that powers undead). The nature of negative energy imbues them with a certain amount of strength, but also makes them more susceptible to death. +2 Str, -2 Con. +1 racial bonus vs necromantic spells and effects, which scales with level. -2 racial penalty to all saving throws. Unintelligent undead will ignore a Negatai and won't attack them unless they attack first. A Negatai can rebuke undead as a cleric four levels lower than his current character level, or if the character already has the ability to rebuke undead, he may do so as if he were two levels higher. They also no not heal as fast as other races, with natural healing being slower and healing spells being less effective on them. They may cast chill touch 1/day, as per the spell.

Positai- Positai are quasi-genasi touched by the Plane of Positive Energy (the energy that powers healing spells). They are filled with positive energy, which improves their health. However, their energetic state makes them somewhat hyperactive, with a short attention span. +2 Con, -2 Wis. +1 racial bonus vs necromantic spells and effects, which scales with level. -4 penalty to Fortitude saves made to recover a level drained by undead, and undead do more damage to Positai. They may turn undead as if they were a cleric four levels lower than their character level, or if the character already has the ability to turn undead, he may turn them as if he were two levels higher. Positai heal at a faster rate than other characters. They may cast cure light wounds 1/day as per the spell.

Radiance - Radiance quasi-genasi are touched by the Plane of Radiance (light and color). They are extremely attractive, and all have the intellect necessary to appreciate art in all its varied forms. However, Radiance Genasi are also notoriously frail. +2 Cha, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Con. +1 racial bonus vs fire spells and effects, which scales with level. They also have a +1 bonus vs spells that affect their victims through light and colors, which also scales with level. Due to slightly glowing skin, Radiance quasi-genasi have a -4 Hide penalty. They are immune to being blinded by light. They can cast daylight 1/day, as per the spell. Fire resistance 5.

Salt - Salt quasi-genasi are touched by the Elemental Plane of Salt. They are very open-minded, but not particularly dexterous. +2 Wis, -2 Dex. +1 racial bonus vs water spells and effects, which scales with level. They are immune to any spell or effect that would drain their body of moisture. They may destroy water 1/day. They cannot sink in water. They do not need to drink. They may attempt to drain someone's body of moisture 1/day (equal to shocking grasp in terms of mechanics and damage dealt, but person must have water in their body for this to work).

Void - Void quasi-genasi are touched by the Plane of Vacuum. They are very intelligent, but frail and have a distinctly apathetic attitude about most things. +4 Int, -2 Con, -2 Cha. They also lack one or more of the five senses. They may absorb a certain number of spells per day, which scales with level. They always recognize a Sphere of Annihilation for what it is, and may control it as if they has a talisman of the sphere. They have DR 1/-.

Last edited:

OldCrowe

First Post
I'll give it a whirl, if for no other reason than Bro. Shatterstone's glowing recommendation.

3.5 or 3.0 is good.
FR or FR-esque is fine, I have the FRCS, but not the Player's Guide (yet).
2nd Level is Fine.

4+ players is nice as long as the 4 basic food groups are covered (Tank, Rogue, Cleric, Mage).

Re,

C. Rowe

Remove ads