[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Dunamin

First Post
Rhole narrows his eyes at the chimney and utters a few instructions to Rock in a strangely garbled language.

The gargoyle-like critter dons a tiny fake beard and cap (both made of stone), vanishes from view, and takes off to carefully make its way down the chimney.

“Leave it to Rock, he'll look into it.”

[sblock=Santa style]Rock is directed to climb down and briefly investigate with caution. He is not to approach any occupants and will return at any hint of a threat.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Martelei learn nothing more on the Raging Sea Gull. The swordfish have closed his door a year ago after the death of his owner, but no one have establish themselves in the store yet, as his location is not good for business. The Swordfish had been a blacksmith specialized in all tools needed for fishermen: fish-hook, harpoon, knives and more. As a sideline, he was also doing common object and a few weapon.

Martelei find a crack between two planks and looks inside. It is pretty dark and the store seems pretty empty. All the tools seems to be gone, except an heavy looking anvil. A few object crafted by the old owner still lie on the ground, mainly hooks and a few harpoons.

Velmont

First Post
Rock disappears into the chimney. After a few moment, they hears a small bang and the small creature come back calmly from behind the building. Following his lead, the group find the way around and spot a pair of doors to go to the basement. The doors are closed but you quickly find they are unlocked.

renau1g

First Post
As Rock flies down the chimney a bird looks at the familiar as it flies past, then continues its feeding of its chicks.

[sblock=ooc]
I can judge Velmont[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Perhaps you should go first." Bell indicates Ikni. "I will follow directly behind." She seems the most innately bounceoffable.

[sblock=ooc]Marching Order: Inki, Bell, Charina, Rhole, Martelai, Derien?

That would put our most melee in the front, keep Charina near us for now (in case we see someone she knows) and space the leaders decently.[/sblock]

taran

First Post
"Perhaps you should go first." Bell indicates Ikni. "I will follow directly behind."
Derien shakes his head. "Me next. I want to see what's coming."[sblock=ooc]Swap Bell and Derien? Might as well put this passive perception of 24 to some use.

While I'm at it, some active perception, just in case: 23[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]LOL!

You copy pasted the introduction of fisherman's alley that I wrote for Zombies and Crooks! You sly dog. Kudos for seeing to the consistency of L4W! ;)
[/sblock]

-''Sounds good. Just duck when I ask you to!'' Charina says, readying her giant arbalest with a grim smile.

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni nods. "Very well."

She draws her sword, then with her free hand pulls open the door to the basement, blade ready should anything jump out of ambush.

ooc: ready an attack if anything jumps out, then open the door.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]The art of having a consistent world, great description and being lazy all in one.[/SBLOCK]

The group open the doors and walks down some stairs that lead in the dark basement of the Swordfish. At first sight, the basement was simply a storage room. It is a large room with a few beams in the middle to support the structure. Now, there is bedrolls around. People have been camping here but no one seems to have establish itself permanently here. A small chest in poor condition rest in the corner of the room.

[SBLOCK=Charina]You recognize Merryl's chest. The chest seems pretty hard place to put in security some stock due to it's poor condition, but you are aware of the double bottom that is pretty thin and hard to notice, but there is enough space for a few platinum pieces... that's the secret stash of Merryl.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads