[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Dunamin

First Post
Leaving the chest for more trap- and disarm-canny members of the group, Rhole pokes around in the scattered bedrolls. He is followed by Rock who looks for clues with a tiny stone-rimmed magnifying glass and stone pipe in its mouth.

“Ooo, mystery! The plot thickens faster than fat nobles backstroking through a pool of gravy!”

Perception 9

[sblock=Watch]After letting it do a bit of Sherlock Holmes-routine, Rhole sends Rock to keep watch outside (invisibly, as always with these jobs).[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]The art of having a consistent world, great description and being lazy all in one.[/SBLOCK]

The group open the doors and walks down some stairs that lead in the dark basement of the Swordfish. At first sight, the basement was simply a storage room. It is a large room with a few beams in the middle to support the structure. Now, there is bedrolls around. People have been camping here but no one seems to have establish itself permanently here. A small chest in poor condition rest in the corner of the room.

[SBLOCK=Charina]You recognize Merryl's chest. The chest seems pretty hard place to put in security some stock due to it's poor condition, but you are aware of the double bottom that is pretty thin and hard to notice, but there is enough space for a few platinum pieces... that's the secret stash of Merryl.[/SBLOCK]

-''Ah, yes. Excuse me.''

Charina moves to chest, reveals the secret stash and pockets it.

-''Merryl's contribution to her own salvation.'' She grins. ''I was a little short to deliver the full promised reward, but I knew if I could find her chest I'd get the rest. Don't worry, I'll pay her back.

Okay. Let's thoroughly search this pad and then we spread out and ask around. Someone arond here must know something.''

[sblock=OOC]
1:perception 2:Streetwise (1d20+9=28, 1d20+4=15)

Perception 28; if there is something to be found, I got it!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Yes Maam!" Bell replies happily, sheathing her sword and looking around. When she's done with the room she'll hit the street asking questions charmingly to the local populace about recent scuffles, disappearances and charming street urchins.

[sblock=ooc] Perception 24, Streetwise 22

I'm ok with Derien's change in marching order. Not that we need it now but we may later.

Marching Order: Inki, Derien, Charina, Rhole, Martelai, Bell [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai prefers staying in shadows as he cannot really add much to searching. He stays near the door and looks out in case somebody tries to close them in.

When Bell goes out he follows aiding her effort. He whispers advise to Bell, looks intimidating while she talks, takes over occasional blunder and finds beggars lurking, ready to offer additional insights.

Through all this, he keeps vigil over excuberant youth.

(Bluff 9; Diplomacy 7; Intimidate and Streetwise 10 - Scorpius, use as needed for aid another)

Velmont

First Post
Charina opens the chest and find hidden under the false bottom 30 platinum pieces. A small fortune for the group of handlers they are but Charina was well aware they were resources for dire need.

After an inspection of the basement, the group find no hint about what happen to the group. They come out and starts to asks around. No ones seems to know anything about Merryl and his group, they seems to have pass unnoticed in this place. At one moment, Bell raise the name of Rinch to a man sitting at the Sea Gull.

"Rinch? Sure I know him, as anyone having business here regularly. That bastard have free some zombies in the middle of the market. Many dead and it could have been worst if it wasn't of a few brave souls. They cleared the place before the authorities arrived. Anyway, the authorities doesn't care about that market. They doesn't patrol this place. They are never here to watch over the pickpockets. They even let go the guy who brought the zombies in the square. I can't believe they cannot hold in jail some bastard like him.

Hey, you looks like some brave souls yourself. Please, if you pass by the warehouses, the ones near the docks, look at the one with a red door with some tags of Juna. I saw the guy entering that one. I think he is working there. If the guy is mad enough to bring zombie here, that guy should be send to an asylum."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell runs back to the group, happy for more news. "We get to fight Rinch the Riser!" she squeals. She then goes on to tell the group what the fisherman said.

Velmont

First Post
A bird that was flying by BUMP into a windows and fall on the ground. After a moment of dizziness, he stands up and flies away.

taran

First Post
Derien leans against one wall, heel kicking absently. "I guess we might as well visit that warehouse, then. It's not much to go on, but what else do we have?"

Dunamin

First Post
Rhole reassembles the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper and hooks up his goatee as strings again.

“Zombies, eh? Sounds excellent, in a soon-to-be-horror-survival kind of way! Let’s go!”

Remove ads