• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Raven's Ruin - OOC

dog45

First Post
[sblock=Arriving in Kleine]You have finally arrived in Kleine, a small fishing and farming village. You hear the distant sound of the Plunging Cataract, as its water rushes into nearby Lake Ostrel. As you have heard, Kleine is a peaceful and pleasant place. But something is not quite right.

THe townspeople seem oddly tense, as if they were expecting something bad to happen. As you move into town, you see notices posted and you hear the sounds of a town crier in the distance.[/sblock]

All the notices have the same announcement, as listed below. If none of the PCs can read, or if they ignore the posted notices, the town crier will notice them and make sure they receive the notice.

[sblock=Town Crier]"A threat to Kleine! Out village is threatend by vicious humanoids. They have stolen a valuabe item from our town officials. The town council wishes to hire any poeple who are brave and strong enough to deal with threat and return the item to us. Repsond to Councilman Baur at the Melodius Harpy tavern."[/sblock]

Give the PCs a chance to respond. Hopefully, they will want to help the village and will proceed to the tavern, which is the unofficial town hall of Kleine. If they do, continue with the following.

[sblock=the tavern]The Melodious Harpy is not difficult to find. There are a large number of people inside, more than you would expect in such a small town. This must be a very popular place for locals.

Many of the tables are occupied by farmers, and some of the discussions are quite loud. You hear mention of "cursed goblins!" and "right under our noses" and "Raven's Ruin." A few of the townspeople look you over as you enter, some with suspicion, others with hope. Hear the door is a well-dressed young man with a pile of papers in front of him. He looks at you expectantly.[/sblock]

[sblock=Baur]"I am glad you have come! As you must have heard, Kleine is threatened by goblins. Nasty little critters. They are organized, and they have been raiding nearby farms. Supposedlly, they have a base at Raven's Ruin, and perhaps the thief Raven has returned and is leading them, for they have stolen our valued scepter of truth!. If you end the threat presented by these creatures, and returns all that they have stolen, we will pay you 50 gold pieces each. What do you say?"[/sblock]

The players should jump at the chance to help the vilage. If they refuse, there is nothing that Baur can do short of raising the offer. If neccessary, the DM should remind reluctant players what it means to be a hero. Otherwise, the adventure is over.

------------

I'm glad I didn't have to remind anyone what it means to be a hero. Wasn't that cheesy? There's another part that is particular amusing, but you haven't gotten there yet.

Kularian

First Post
Same here, heh.

Also, should I mention my spell list...? I realized that I had a chance to stop the 'fleeing figure' in the IC thread, but neither of us remembered my spell list. :eek:

Shall we decide on it now, and then refrain from Zofren taking action, or...?

Holy smokes that adventure is bad. That text looks like something out of oh, say, an 80s Nintendo game more than a real pnp RPG.

Do you want to help the king y/n
N
Oh but you must!
Do you want to help the king y/n

dog45

First Post
Yeah, its pretty bad. I can't wait to show you guys the text for the 'find the ruins' part. it's the best of the mod.

Kularian: Oops. Just pick your spell list now, and we'll carry on from here.

Kularian

First Post
Okey doke. I'll put this in the RG, too.

2nd level:
Seeking Ray

1st level:
Color Spray
Blade of Blood
Shocking Grasp
True Strike
Ray of Enfeeblement

0th level:
Acid Splash
Disrupt Undead
Ray of Frost
Touch of Fatigue

dog45

First Post
Blade of Blood is such a cool spell. I'm playing a Warlock/Cleric/Eldritch Disciple in a tabletop game (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft), and Blade of Blood rocks with Hideous Blow.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Kularian said:
Also, should I mention my spell list...? I realized that I had a chance to stop the 'fleeing figure' in the IC thread, but neither of us remembered my spell list.
This is the advantage of having a mostly fixed spell list. :D No having to quibble, really, over what spells I have. Of course, I wish I had a liiiiiitle more versatility beyond 'What form of damage do I wanna hit em with' :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads