• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Mirth

Explorer
"Well, considering that my first encounter with them was so recently, I am afraid that I do not have anything to add to the matter," Ys-Baddaden says in his slow, precise manner. "I have however learned many things from a certain knowledgeable Litorian expert that I will ponder before our next meeting with the foul creatures." The giant winks at Khajom, before smiling at his frustrated scholarly companion.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Disconnect

OOC: Rereading the thread I realized there was a bit of a disconnect. I thought from Rybear's previous OOC comment -- "Pyior hasn't had much opportunity to do more than a cursory examination of one of the devil dog's corpse. This will be the first night following the fight, though it's likely you'll have some quiet time in the Keep to cast Creature Loresight and dissect the body. The soldiers probably won't object too much until it starts to really smell." -- that Pyior was performing the loresight(s) on the devil dog. I mentally skipped over the race when I read the results and wrote Pyior's reaction as if it had been the devil dog.

Rybaer

First Post
ooc: My apologies for being slow in getting back to the game. After returning from vacation, I got sick and had to deal with a long work week. Just slow getting back into my routine. Should have time to catch up and make a proper post in a day or two.

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
ooc: My apologies for being slow in getting back to the game. After returning from vacation, I got sick and had to deal with a long work week. Just slow getting back into my routine. Should have time to catch up and make a proper post in a day or two.

OOC: No problem, Rybaer. Take your time.

Rybaer

First Post
ooc: I think I screwed up that bit with the creature loresight. For some reason, I thought it was a rhodin you had, not a devil dog. My bad. In any event, the rhodin information will probably serve you better in the long run.

After Pyior and Khajom return from their messy work with the body, everyone is ready to do a little exploring. The first order of business seems to be finding some food. The map that Truthspeaker scribbled out had one room just off the main hall labelled 'kitchen', so everyone heads down to check it out.

It is late afternoon, probably an hour or two until the soldiers would start assembling for dinner. In the main hall, you note that the commander and his aides have cleared out and taken their maps and papers, leaving the room vacant.

Approaching the door to the room labelled 'kitchen' you can clearly make out the sound of pots and pans in service. You open the door and find a servicable kitchen - a large stew pot sits over a low fire in one corner and several ovens line another wall, loaves of bread baking in two of them. Shelves line the other walls, though most are largely barren save for a few jars.

Working over the stew pot, dropping in a cutting board full of some unidentifiable vegetables, is a large man. He is portly and has a mop of curly red hair. At the sound of the door opening, he turns and greets you with a wide, genuine smile.

"Well, hello there!" he says. "Come on in, don't be shy! Name's Ambrose. I'm the cook for the company here." In short order, he has gotten everyone's names and learned that you are here as the freelance adventurers for Truthspeaker.

Whether hungry or not, he insists on setting everyone up with a bowl of his stew. "The soldiers don't eat for another hour or two, but the stew's all ready to go and I have a couple loaves of bread over here. Please, eat up! Tell me what you think of it. It's kinda my own recipe...the stew. The men here love it."

Steaming bowls are thrust into your hands and he tries to find chairs and clear space for you at one of the cooking tables. The stew has a greasy consistency and an almost uniform gray color. The smell is not terribly appealing and resembles no stew any of you recall having ever eaten before. Ambrose is eagerly waiting for someone to dig in and tell him how wonderful it tastes.

Between one another, your eyes are basically daring someone to be the first to sample the stew.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound." Danwyn says as he takes a slice of bread and get a bite of stew. He then tries to eat it with an open mind.

Remove ads