[AU]Vale of Shadows [IC]

Haradoth lurches awkwardly into action, almost as if his body was in revolt against itself. A sputtering of snarls accompanies the jerking motions of his limbs.

It is all in all a bizarre sight, akin to two minds fighting to resolve the actions of one body. Yet, in the end, the body moves forward along the stated course of action, though with much effort.

(init 2)

garyh

First Post
dead_radish said:
Oh, those implusive Mojh.

Init rolls from everyone would be appropriate here. ;)

OOC: Natural 20! +1 bonus, 21 initiative. Ar-Pharos will ready an action to punch any adversary that approaches the group.

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: The surprise round will only include Haradoth and one other, so I'll put that up now, and then everyone else can join in with inits as appropriate

As Haradoth lurches into action, summoning the reserves of fire deep in his lizardly belly, he is startled to feel something smack into the back of his skullplate as he takes aim. The blow leaves him reeling, but he does manage to fire off a blast at the trio (also taking in 2 or 3 hapless prisoners that have gathered to watch). The tattooed man that spoke is clearly surprised, but manages to twist somewhat behind his companion with the pick, avoiding the brunt of the fire, though still wounded by it. The faen and the pick-wielder both catch the blast full in the face, and cry out in a mixture of surprise and pain.

As the blood flows from Haradoth's skull and the smell of burned flesh rises gruesomely about the trio, a ragged and blood-thristy cheer goes up from the assembled crowd. When one of the Sibeccai standing next to the tattooed man falls to the ground, gurgling in pain. It is uncertain whether he'll be getting back up.

As the battle begins in earnest, Kyraelis notices where the missle that struck Haradoth came from - a faen lurks at the front of the crowd directly behind the group, bundled in furs, and holding another large chunk of rock in his left hand, and the pointed end of a pick-ax in his right. He is grinning wildly. Rowlth also notices movement along a watchtower at the far end of the courtyard, though he cannot make out specifics.

OOC: Haradoth took 11 points of damage from a very well aimed rock. Ouch.

GPEKO

First Post
Rupert

Crazy Mojh !!! Rupert quickly takes a step back (5-foot step) and traces a rune on his chest, readying himself for battle.

Init roll : 15+3=18, traces rune of armor +4 AC (making it 18)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Iniative 14+4=18.

Rowlth, taking a clue from the faen, bends down and takes up his own stone. Ready to defend himself against any who come near.

Inez Hull

First Post
Kyraelis cries a warning and points out the faen to Ar-Pharos. He then closes his eyes briefly and seems to be whispering under his breath.

[OOC:Initiative roll 4 + Dex 3 = 7. Casts Ghost Sound behind the tattooed man - will try to create the sound of men moving behind him and a growled "lets get him!"]

In the highly unlikely event that Haradoth is standing when his init rolls around, he will attempt to position himself to hit the most enemies with his breath while avoiding any chance of hitting those who are acting in our defense. If this cannot be done without invoking an AoO, he will collaspe to the ground as if unconcious.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry if I'm holding the game up. A two-day out-of-towner became a four-day all-star event (that's also the most hyphens I think I've ever put in one sentence). I'll try and post tomorrow.

Remove ads