Babylon Who

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I don't really blame JMS for Crusade as there was lots of network interference. Hell, I still don't really know what order I'm supposed to watch that thing in.

That said I don't care for Doctor Who, and I doubt that will change given JMS' recent work with Sense8 which was very mediocre.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t know if it was just on my cable provider of the time, but Crusade kept bouncing around on the schedule. Made it difficult to watch.

MarkB

Legend
Exactly what happened with Babylon 5.
In the UK, the last several episodes of B5 were shown as part of morning show The Big Breakfast, which meant we got to enjoy them with a huge BB logo incorporating a clock in one corner, and the end of the last episode was followed by the Big Breakfast hosts deriding a cameraman who'd teared up during the finale.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I don’t know if it was just on my cable provider of the time, but Crusade kept bouncing around on the schedule. Made it difficult to watch.
From what I recall Paramount was telling TV channels if they played B5 on the same night as Star Trek they would pull the show. My local station broadcast B5 at midnight + 1 minute.

We all had programmed VCRs.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
From what I recall Paramount was telling TV channels if they played B5 on the same night as Star Trek they would pull the show. My local station broadcast B5 at midnight + 1 minute.

We all had programmed VCRs.
I had one, too. But if something earlier ran over, sometimes I’d only get half of an episode.

Mallus

Legend
Forget Crusade - I mean, will already have, right? JMS recently co-created Sense8, which was some of the best SF in the last 20 years despite its shortened run. I'd love to see him play some role in nuWho.

Is it likely to happen? No. But it's nice to dream. If anyone could strike a balance between Chibnall's underwhelming attempt to reset the show from Davies and Moffat's excesses and Davies and Moffat's excesses, well, ummm, what was I trying to say?... oh... it's JMS!

Remove ads