• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

Shayuri

First Post
Maia considers for a moment, then adds, "I haven't seen many creatures like Narissa in the city. Any at all, really. Except for her, of course. But what I was thinking is that she must have gone somewhere last night to rest, probably not in the city. And, um...she was hurt."

She waves a hand at the ground for a second before finding the words.

"Maybe she was bleeding, and we can follow her?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Sorry, I don't think I have any update here, but feel free to keep discussing things and I will be on the lookout if you ask Jael a question or if you roll dice.

BTW, we need a Judge to approve some level-ups for this group. {nudge, nudge, GE & Mogs} ;)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Not being a outdoors-man type, the mature priest is curious.

SirKedric.jpg

Jael asks, "Did you not say she was flying? Can you really track such a creature that way?"

Shayuri

First Post
Maia shrugs blithely. "I've never tried. But it seems to me that blood would fall down as she flew. Though if she were flying very fast, there might be a lot of distance between the drops."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet is surprised at the spellcasters' suggestion, but mulls it over. While no expert tracker, she has at least some skill. "Unless you can fly us, too, I don't think it will work," she observes. "Whatever fell in the street has surely been trodden over, but perhaps one could follow a trail over the roofs." She shrugs.

"We might do better just asking if anyone saw her, or knows this Azrethel."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"OK, so we hit the streets and ask 'round about Azathel. I guess there's nothing more we can do about the other matter until time for the meet."

I'm WAY more comfortable with animals than people, but here goes nothing . . .

The little Gnome and his friend make their way to the area around the old sanctuary, and begin asking questions of the folks on the streets. In spite of his misgivings, he actually does fairly well . . . Tagaiwi makes a good conversation starter, then he asks his questions and moves on. While he doesn't get a lot of useful information, he at least manages not to offend anyone.

[sblock=Actions]Diplomacy (Gather Information) Check (1d20-1=14)

pm, I wasn't sure what sort of target numbers you were looking for, so I made my best guess at the results of the check.[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
After suggesting to Maia, she goes with someone else as she might not care for the places he is familiar with, Ausk hits the seedier areas around the church, looking to drum up whatever information he can, hoping that his experience in dealing with people from those types of areas will actually finally become useful.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Father Jael Kedric wishes you a good luck and bids you to return tomorrow afternoon. He thinks he will have the rest of the dispatches translated and researched by then.

SirKedric.jpg

Leaving the Chapter House behind, some of you make your way to the slum-like abandoned neighborhood of the old cathedral. You find it difficult to get many people to talk to you, but you do manage to learn that most think the old church as haunted and stay away.

Some people believe that undead creatures reside there. One possibly credible witness said he saw a winged creature perched on the roof a few times, silhouetted in the moon lit sky, but he thought it was vampire.

You learn nothing of Arzethel in your inquiries of the neighborhood.

Just looking around the area outside the cathedral, you realize that to track and find a blood trail in this terrain, would require the services of an expert tracker, particularly since you have no idea which direction Narissa went.

GM: Since Gathering Information takes some time, the others could have done something else meanwhile. Otherwise the clock is advanced to supper time.

Remove ads