• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague--Act I: A Glimmer of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Doh! That does it ;) As you can see, the party's survival depends on a team effort that seems to consist of Trayah getting his frail ass somewhere he can't be hit and then using battlefield control while the others pound on things :D)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I suppose M'ress could try to tumble and run without an Entangle. Her movement is fairly high IIRC, so they won't be able to catch up :D)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: Just let me know what happens :) I'm likely waiting on an invisible person climbing a rope being held by another who is barely able to hold it with someone on it while a pack of intelligent icky dogs try to eat my liver and other good parts after barely escaping a battle with two icky panthers who incapacitated just about everybody . . . I didn't see any mention of whether Slagg and Pleione made it across or not, which was what M'ress was watching for primarily.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: I thought my action was being mauled. ;) Where's the lowest branch and could M'ress jump up and get to it to get to safety? Otherwise, whe'll have to tumble around or through and hustle after Slagg and Pleione.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Without a running start, Jump checks are ridiculously hard. I think M'ress needs a 20 to jump up even 5 feet with a standing jump. Then again, she has no ranks and 5 feet is a pretty impressive jump :D

I thought of a good use for the Wind Wall, so since the summons won't be in time, I'll run with it)

*Trayah summons the spirits of the air and conjures a roaring gale below Obscurity, blowing away any dogs that try to jump up to attack her, even if she falters and fails to climb higher.*

*Meanwhile, Whinoah finishes tying off the rope with time to spare to climb down a bit and lower her hand to help pull Obscurity up.*

*With Whinoah's help, Obscurity scampers all the way up to branch at which Whinoah has tied her rope. Of course, without Whinoah's talent for climbing and vine swinging, progressing further along the treetops won't be so easy for the invisible Feldori.*

*M'ress ducks down, rolls and spins, turning a full 360 degrees upside-down and kicking out, forcing the dogs to dodge out of the way, which leaves just the opening she needs. By the time the dogs have recovered, M'ress has rolled right between two of them and dashed 100 feet into the Lyrithian Copse. She feels a warm feeling suffuse her as she crosses the threshhold.*

*The dogs can't attack anyone at the moment. Rather than follow M'ress, they howl in frustration and begin to disperse.*

Bront

The man with the probe
"Keeep going M'ress, we'll catch up."

Whinoah scampers back up and unties the rope, securing it quickly. "How well can you hold on? Trayah? Can you carry Rowwane?"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads