GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Heckler

First Post
"Pleased to meet you. I'm Octavio, and these are my friends William and Weel. We're from Orussus and all of this is rather new to us. I mean, we don't have skeletons and zombies walking about the marketplace. What's the story with him? And why would he have a beef with your boss?"

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Octavio, and these are my friends William and Weel. We're from Orussus and all of this is rather new to us. I mean, we don't have skeletons and zombies walking about the marketplace. What's the story with him? And why would he have a beef with your boss?"

Knowing his own tendencies to babble, Weel keeps quiet for now, letting Octavio handle the initial questions.

covaithe

Explorer
Nesker leans on the handle of the glowing hammer, looking glad of an excuse not to return inside just yet. "Orussus? Can't say I've heard of it, but this is my first trip so close to the surface. My people live a bit deeper than most dwarves. We see a lot of things that I guess you'd call strange, but even we don't see many undead! Not that we allow to keep walking, anyway. But this is Umraecyl's place, and if he says Lyrial stays, then I guess he stays. Calls himself "the Undying", Lyrial does. He's a mage of some kind I guess, but more important, he has tons of money. Throwing it around like water. Which is probably why Umraecyl puts up with him, come to think of it. If he's got a grudge against Gribble, it's only because Gribble said to his face what others are sayin' behind his back. And because Gribble wouldn't sell to him, I suppose. But if you ask me, he's just bored waiting for the auction, and killing time by causing trouble."

Heckler

First Post
Octavio snickers. "Sorry, but there's something strikes me funny about an undead killing time.

Lyrial, you say? Is that the bloke that was just here, or is that his master?"

covaithe

Explorer
Octavio snickers. "Sorry, but there's something strikes me funny about an undead killing time.

Lyrial, you say? Is that the bloke that was just here, or is that his master?"

Nesker grimaces. "I can see how you might find that funny, but at the moment the humor's lost on me. Yes, that was Lyrial who was just here. I can't say I know who his master is. Which is odd, come to think of it; he talks about his master all the time, but I don't recall him giving a name."

Nesker carries on, still leaning on the hammer. "So you folks are here for the auction, then? What do you plan to bid on, if you don't mind me asking?"

Kenku17

First Post
"A couple things. The sword interests me personally if the price stays in my range...but mostly were here on assignment to bid on the Urn." William says

covaithe

Explorer
"Ludkjeta's sword? A fine choice. Fine dwarven workmanship, and there aren't likely to be many bidders, since most dwarves think it's ill luck. Rubbish, if you ask me, and it's a shame that a perfectly good blade sits unused. Still, nice for you, eh?" Nesker throws William a wink.

"Ah, but the Urn. That's another story. Lots of potential bidders for that. Seems everyone wants a chance to study it, or to keep it out of someone else's hands. At least, there were lots of bidders, 'til Lyrial came in and started throwing money around. There are dozens of rumors about how much money he has. Some say as much as a million gold, which I think surely can't be right. At least I hope not. Some say as little as 150,000, which is still well more than any other bidder here can afford. And of course there are plenty of guesses in between. But a lot of interest in the Urn has waned since the rumors started."

Heckler

First Post
"Well, the fewer bidders, the better. For us anyway. But we'll stick around and see how much he's actually got. I mean, he couldn't have a million...could he?..."

Kenku17

First Post
"Ludkjeta's sword? A fine choice. Fine dwarven workmanship, and there aren't likely to be many bidders, since most dwarves think it's ill luck. Rubbish, if you ask me, and it's a shame that a perfectly good blade sits unused. Still, nice for you, eh?"

"Aye, its a beautiful sword, a definitly something of far better quality than what I have. Believe me if I purchased it, I would most likely put it to use. If I don't get it however, I might have a little buissness for ye" William says with a smile

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, the fewer bidders, the better. For us anyway. But we'll stick around and see how much he's actually got. I mean, he couldn't have a million...could he?..."

"No, surely not... I mean, why would he bring that much money? A fifth of that would do the trick, if the rumors tell true. It makes no sense. But Lyrial sure seems to think he's got the auction in the bag."

Remove ads