[LPF] Ryall's Estate

Qik

First Post
For the first time in what seemed like forever (though it had likely been little more than a day), Quioan smiled, provoked by Daylily's concerns. Turning to his Elvish brethren, he responded in their shared tongue.

[sblock="Elvish"]"I don't think you have to worry about them taking the meat for themselves, Daylily Falshenaya. I do think, however, that you should be concerned with them caring for it properly - they're unlikely to consider tending to the meat important, and if it sits out for much longer, it'll spoil, which could ruin the coats as well. Perhaps you can have them drop it off at the Dunn Wright Inn for proper storage, and then retrieve it later yourself? Or maybe you'd prefer to accompany them to the Inn, so that you can do so yourself, rather than having to rely on these city folk."[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Elvish] How fast can you skin a wolf Daylilly? We are in no real rush, and I imagine you can do it pretty fast. The meat ... that's more difficult. But something is better than nothing. I'm not sure I trust these men to be honest, but what options do we have. I don't think it would be wise to get into a fight over this. We need to pick our battles wisely. Don't do doodoo where you sleep, my grandmother used to say. [/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto nods. "Yes, captain, we'll do that!"

She throws her arms back and sings a small note, as water appears and cascades sown her body. She turns to Daylily.

"Going in water isn't so bad, you know. I live there. Well, lived there. When I first learned I could create water, I thought that's silly, I've got all the water I need all the time. But then I came up here, where it's always sooo dry. Are you sure you don't want any water?"

jkason

First Post
"I'd listen to your pretty merfolk friend," the commander says. "Venza's a good, clean city. I like to keep it that way."

As several party members converse in elven, the commander rolls his eyes and looks to his men.

"Why is it every adventurer seems to think the local constables are uncultured hicks?" he groans, then adds
"For folks claiming to be on the road to avenging the murder of two men, you're spending an awful lot of time worried about a couple grimy wolf pelts. Take 'em with you if you have to. Just put 'em in something so you don't get wolf guts on my streets, will you?"

GM: Okay, sounds like everyone is on board with going with the constables, but there's a debate about the disposition of some of the animal carcasses. I'll let you sort that out before moving on.

Qik

First Post
Quioan turned to the constable. "Where Daylily comes from, those wolf pelts would be significant property. Daylily, why don't we just bring them with us then?"

OOC: I'm fine with whatever - after the slow couple of weeks, I'd just like to get the adventure on the move, so let's not deliberate over this too much.

jbear

First Post
"No commander, no one assumed you were either uncultured or a hick,
good sir. We spoke in elven because our friend Daylilly finds it more comfortable on the tongue. I'm sure we can head back to town now. Daylilly is used to running long distances, I'm sure he can catch us up after he has skinned the pelts. Let us make haste before the Wind shifts."

OOC: Agreed. There is no debate on my part. I think Systole should sort that out.

jkason

First Post
GM: Once Systole / Daylily decide how they want to deal with the pelts, I'll move things along as best I can.

Partially to that end, by the time all this is resolved, it'll be night again. You should be thinking about whether you want to push on through the night or rest up at the Dunn Wright if / when the commander lets you out of his sight. :)

jbear

First Post
OOC: One vote here for resting up at the Dunwright Inn, where we can split the treasure, and as there is no real apparant time issue, as a cold trail ain't going to get much colder, I would like to have Relic have a look at Quioan's Spellbook and try and read, and copy one spell into mine, of course with the offer of Quioan doing the same with one of the spells in Relic's book. Hehe, you might have to tighten the screws on us if you want to avoid that JK :) In more practical terms, we probably want to be at Full Strength when we go to visit the Gabbianos.

Remove ads