GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

The show ended pretty much how I expected it to (I called Bran winning the throne 2 seasons ago). I do have some complaints about the continuity.

Last episode, especially...what was the point of Arya finding the white horse?

Did she become death? Was she dead and the horse was taking her home?

D&D: "Nah, my bad...forget that scene! Red herring and all. Oooo, look!! Shiney Dragon breathing fire!! Oooooo.....Ahhhhhh!"

Like I said...pacing, continuity were big blunders this season. That and the lack of a sense of time; throughout the series, this has been an issue, actually. The way the editing and scenes roll, it makes it seem like Westeros is the size of Delaware.
    Last edited by Raunalyn; Monday, 20th May, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
    XP reelo gave XP for this post

Mod Squad
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus_Legionis View Post
    While the writing dual of D&D were able to take the novels and create a script out of it, doing something 'original' those two failed badly.
    It wasn't original. They were writing to GRRM's outline.

There is a petition to get season 8 remade with competent writes;
    Each episode costs something like $10 million to produce.

To get it remade, you don't need a petition with 1 million signatures. You need $100 million.
    XP jhilahd gave XP for this post
    Laugh hawkeyefan laughed with this post

Mod Squad
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerWickett View Post
    Number of faces worn by Arya? Zero.

Number of political schemes enacted by Sansa: maaaybe one if "telling Tyrion the truth" counts as a scheme.

Number of useful things Bran learned with his visions: maaaybe one, if "the Night King wants to kill me, not that he doesn't want to kill everyone else too" counts as useful.
    You seem to forget one of GRRM's stated purposes in writing the series - to teach genre fans lessons about how things don't work out the way they want them, to specifically defy your narrative expectations.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

The one thing I can't really get over - how the heck is Jon Snow alive after what he did?

I get Drogon not killing him -though I wish Drogon had doused him in dragon fire - and it not work (except maybe to turn his hair platinum - that would have been cool) - and in the process melt the iron throne (it was right there).

But Grey Worm, the unsulied and a Dothraki horde were right there!

Grey worm was executing people who were even slightly loyal to Cercei (you took her orders - dead!), how would he react to the person who killed his queen? Left in a cell until the other nobles get there? That makes no sense for the point of view established for him!

The Dothraki would have trampled him down! I mean really, wait until another authority got there - no way.

I wish they'd at least have had a quick scene showing how the heck he survived - because it's just that unlikely.

A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    The one thing I can't really get over - how the heck is Jon Snow alive after what he did?

I get Drogon not killing him -though I wish Drogon had doused him in dragon fire - and it not work (except maybe to turn his hair platinum - that would have been cool) - and in the process melt the iron throne (it was right there).

But Grey Worm, the unsulied and a Dothraki horde were right there!

Grey worm was executing people who were even slightly loyal to Cercei (you took her orders - dead!), how would he react to the person who killed his queen? Left in a cell until the other nobles get there? That makes no sense for the point of view established for him!

The Dothraki would have trampled him down! I mean really, wait until another authority got there - no way.

I wish they'd at least have had a quick scene showing how the heck he survived - because it's just that unlikely.
    Well, he survived because no one saw him kill Dany, so no one knew he did! I mean, it's not like her body was there, and only Drogon saw him enter.

.... so, wait, how did he get arrested?

He must have told Grey Worm! All guilty and stuff.

.... so, why didn't Grey Worm kill him?

.... because no one knew he did it! I mean ....

Eh, something something MAGIC!
    XP Mort gave XP for this post
    Laugh Maxperson laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Umbran View Post
    It wasn't original. They were writing to GRRM's outline.
    The plot points weren't original, but everything D&D wrote in the later seasons to connect the dots, so to speak, was their own material.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey13 View Post
    Well, he survived because no one saw him kill Dany, so no one knew he did! I mean, it's not like her body was there, and only Drogon saw him enter.

.... so, wait, how did he get arrested?

He must have told Grey Worm! All guilty and stuff.

.... so, why didn't Grey Worm kill him?

.... because no one knew he did it! I mean ....

Eh, something something MAGIC!
    John is so ludicrously " truth and honor above all else,"that frankly, I'd have been less surprised if he'd stabbed himself after the incident. That would have worked (at least on that front) for me.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

And that's one of the main things I appreciate about the ending and this season - we didn't get entirely what we expected. I certainly would've lost the betting pool on Bran becoming king.

The ending worked for me. Bittersweet, sad, and hopeful at the same time. And really, it's probably the only ending we're going to get for the book series.

And I dont think its as happy-ish as it might seem at first glance. Dorne has always chafed at being part of the Seven Kingdoms seeing the Norths example, I think theyll secede from the Six Kingdoms. I doubt the idea of an elected monarch will last all itll take is someone with the power and clout to make their heir a ruler. As for Arya, in the history books GRRM wrote, other people have decided to go sailing to the westit never goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbran View Post
    You seem to forget one of GRRM's stated purposes in writing the series - to teach genre fans lessons about how things don't work out the way they want them, to specifically defy your narrative expectations.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
    My favorite reaction.
    Today Brock Lesnar won the money in the bank briefcase without being entered in the match. Still makes more sense than this episode.
    Dude! Spoilers.

A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralif Redhammer View Post
    And that's one of the main things I appreciate about the ending and this season - we didn't get entirely what we expected. I certainly would've lost the betting pool on Bran becoming king.

The ending worked for me. Bittersweet, sad, and hopeful at the same time. And really, it's probably the only ending we're going to get for the book series.

And I dont think its as happy-ish as it might seem at first glance. Dorne has always chafed at being part of the Seven Kingdoms seeing the Norths example, I think theyll secede from the Six Kingdoms. I doubt the idea of an elected monarch will last all itll take is someone with the power and clout to make their heir a ruler. As for Arya, in the history books GRRM wrote, other people have decided to go sailing to the westit never goes well.
    I was really hoping that, as Jon "Not Dead Yet" Snow went into the wilderness with his assorted friends, followers, wolf, and Tormund "Got Milk" Giantsbane to star in his new reality show-

Jon Snow's Snow Show - GO! ....

that the camera would fade to black, and then ....

we would see it come back to Jon Snow's face, lying in the snow (of course), dying after being attacked by the Night's Watch. That's right!

Everything after the end of SEASON 5 was just Jon dying in the snow, dreaming.

It's like Lost, except both worse, and also (by cancelling the last three seasons) .... better?
    Laugh MarkB laughed with this post