• sorcerer

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • warlord

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • warlock

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • wizard

Votes: 95 94.1%

I am against the limit for the number of classes. You can't say "we have enough classes", because it is like saying "your favorite toy franchise has enough characters" or "your doll has enough clothings and you haven't to buy a new dress". If WotC doesn't create new classes, then it will be by 3rd party companies, for example the warlord.

I say it again, the keys to create new classes are:

- Right balance of power.

- Fun gameplay, interesting class features. It shouldn't be too complicated or fights will become slower.

- Own style or mark of identity, a cool condept. A class isn't only a list of superpowers, but it is like clothing style of urban tribes, or wearing a unique cosplay or Halloween costume. You have to feel it has its own style. You could create a character to be used in a fiction work and you should notice it is a different class, not a wannabe clone or other subclass.

* Almost of topic: If I could create/reboot new classes for D&D the monk, samurai, sohei and ninja would be ki martial adepts, with martial maneuvers. Hexblade would be a arcane martial adept, assassin a stealth + shadow martial adept, warlord a martial adept with the school of the white raven, warlocks could use vestige pact magic, shaman would be a hybrid between primal magic and totemist incarnum soumelds, favored soul a hybrid between spontaneous divine spellcaster and incarnum soulmelds like softer version of monster templates (half-dragon, half-celestial, half-fey..).

Remove ads