• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

kinem

Adventurer
"Hi, my name is Sarten" the kobold introduces himself to the others here. "This recruitment was unorthodox but it still might be a profitable job ... as long as no one starts calling us 'heroes', which in this business means those who will be tricked into facing great danger without fair compensation."

When the burly tiefling makes a remark about kobolds' eating habits he says "You'd best reconsider that remark, horns. Kobolds are a civilized people. Might not be in your best interest if we start going by old racial prejudices about now, I'd say."

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Hi, my name is Sarten" the kobold introduces himself to the others here. "This recruitment was unorthodox but it still might be a profitable job ... as long as no one starts calling us 'heroes', which in this business means those who will be tricked into facing great danger without fair compensation."

When the burly tiefling makes a remark about kobolds' eating habits he says "You'd best reconsider that remark, horns. Kobolds are a civilized people. Might not be in your best interest if we start going by old racial prejudices about now, I'd say."
"I can't deny the truth in that, scaly one, but I only jest. I well understand the pains of living with such prejudice."

Chuckfar

First Post
Another grey elf? How long has it been since I have seen one of my own kind.

flashback...

Mom, Dad, are you ok? It's been so long. How have you been? I have been on a lot of adventures. Each one bringing me to ever newer cities and friends and... Marlee... how I miss you so!

After shaking his head free of the past and flashback about his family and his one true love who was murdered by the "Crush of the Hammer" Guild. Caldrin turns to face the group before him. Nodding to Shrough. He speaks elven, though its a little accented now considering its been years since he has used his native tongue, "How are you friend? The name is Caldrin Auveraundlin, from the Ishamark Sea region, Parma to be exact. It has been years since I have seen another grey elf! Have you been away from home for a long time? What kin are you?
Shaking his head in embarrassment Cal appologizes"I am sorry my friend its just been along time since...
I see you also have a note from this "S.H." fellow. Any clue to what for?

"Quite sneaky, I'm not usually a fan of such sneakiness with the exception of my friend Caldrin here."
After shooting Vak'Tiel a sideways glance, he takes Boyra's hand and says " Nice to meet you as well. I am Caldrin Auveraundlin.

You all will notice that Cal has a very finely made, very sharp looking Rapier on his hip and a very well crafted composite longbow on his back. He is wearing a well made black and red cloak with a hood. as well as silken gloves that seem to shimmer just so slightly. He is also accompanied by a rather large horse that is wearing chain barding.

Cal asks"Does anyone know where I can stable Marlee for the night?

"In my experience, all of this is very odd," Helman says. "And I spent years in the adventuring profession. When someone puts together a group this... diverse, the rewards rarely outweigh the dangers faced. I'd advise caution. Traps are set in such ways."
"I tend to agree with you there... Helman is it?" Something just seems off, call it a gut feeling but I hope I'm wrong.

Agreeing with Vak'tiel and Shrough about the Felled Ogre, Cal asks"anyone else like to join us"

"Hello Sarten, I am Caldrin Auveraundlin"Cal Laughs at the Heroes comment.

Cal will try and find a stable for Marlee with any information that he has received from this soon to be traveling party. After that I will head towards the Felled Ogre for a room and some food and drink.

Once at the inn Cal try's to find a table in the corner to relax at.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
You all will notice that Cal has a very finely made, very sharp looking Rapier on his hip and a very well crafted composite longbow on his back. He is wearing a well made black and red cloak with a hood. as well as silken gloves that seem to shimmer just so slightly. He is also accompanied by a rather large horse that is wearing chain barding.

Cal asks"Does anyone know where I can stable Marlee for the night?

(Cal will try and find a stable for Marlee with any information that he has received from this soon to be traveling party.)
Wilie tells Cal, "The Felled Ogre has stables at the back of the inn. Durst has a couple of stable-boys who can take care of your horse. the standard price is 5 copper per night. Give the boys an extra copper for each of them and they'll give your Marlee one of the best stalls and a fresh apple. Rooms are 5 silver per night, I think, and meals are 2 silvers. Durst has some of the best fare in the Market District."

Wilie notes a street waif eyeing the toll coins and quickly shoos him away. (He gives the lad a silver from his own pocket.) Soon he's up on his soapbox again taking tolls. While talking to the group, a line of carts had begun to form. Wilie apologizes for the delays and cracks a few randy jokes to lighten the mood.

"I tend to agree with you there... Helman is it?" Something just seems off, call it a gut feeling but I hope I'm wrong.
"Yes, Helman Jernigan is my name. I admit that I thought Wilie was kidding me when he first told me about the note he received. Hmm, I'll check with my contacts in the city and see if I can figure out who this S.H. might be. I wouldn't want Wilie's cousin, or any of you, to walk into a trap. Wilie would be devastated if anything happened to Borya. It would also be bad for business. In the morning, send Chadwick — he's the oldest of the stable-boys — over to my bar. I can't say for certain I'll have anything for you all, but I'll try."

Helman heads back into his bar. He look of concern for Wilie is obvious to all gathered. Once inside, you can hear his voice raise above the din. Two human drunks are tossed out on the street to be picked up by the Market Watch.

(After that I will head towards the Felled Ogre for a room and some food and drink. Once at the inn Cal try's to find a table in the corner to relax at.)
Cal takes Marlee behind The Felled Ogre and hands her off to the stable-boys. They tell him to pay Durst for the stabling but eagerly take any extra coins he gives them. He heads back around to the front and enters the inn with Vak'Tiel who is eager for something to eat.

The Ogre is quite the sight. The common room is filled to the brim. While humans dominate the inn, there are a wide variety of races — dwarves, gnomes, half-elves, halflings, rakastas, and even a few dragonborn, half-orcs, and ibixians — gathered to listen to several bard's sing and watch a scarf dancer. Behind the bar, there is a large pickling jar with an ogre's head in it. A man wanders the room making sure everyone is having a good time and behaving themselves. He is a burly fellow with a bald head, a ring in each ear, and a huge steel glove upon his massive left hand.

While a few in the room casually note Cal and Vak'Tiel entrance, the bald man notices right away. He comes up and welcomes the duo, "Welcome to The Felled Ogre. I am Durst Hammerhand. Rooms are 5 silver each, if you're staying the night. If you've a horse outside, stabling is 5 copper per night. My wife Aileen can bring you something from the kitchen if you're hungry. That's another 2 silvers. We also have a good selection of spirits if you looking for a drink. If yer a lightweight, I recommend you start with a mug of Brin Zwiesher's Ale. 4 coppers a mug."

Durst speaks with a heavy accent similar to that of Vak'Tiel's. He definitely has some wildness in his eyes, but it has been subdued by living in Bard's Gate. His teeth are tinged with yellow and one is replaced by what looks like a small, polished ivory tooth.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

"I just get work and do it. I like to pick and choose some jobs, but sometimes, you don't get that choice. But, yes, Dragon kin, I agree. no heroics."

"I try to ignore such comments. I tends to lead to more . . . . .peaceful resolutions."

Another grey elf? How long has it been since I have seen one of my own kind.
* * * * * * EDIT * * * * * *​

After shaking his head free of the past and flashback about his family and his one true love who was murdered by the "Crush of the Hammer" Guild. Caldrin turns to face the group before him. Nodding to Shrough. He speaks elven, though its a little accented now considering its been years since he has used his native tongue, "How are you friend? The name is Caldrin Auveraundlin, from the Ishamark Sea region, Parma to be exact. It has been years since I have seen another grey elf! Have you been away from home for a long time? What kin are you?[/COLOR]
Shaking his head in embarrassment Cal apologizes[]"I am sorry my friend its just been along time since...
I see you also have a note from this "S.H." fellow. Any clue to what for?[/COLOR]

[in elvish-no distinguishing accent]'Hello Friend, I have only been away from the homelands about 10 years." He continue son telling of his kinsmen lineage, a line of ancestors o powerful arcanists, both wizards and sorcerers, but never into much politics and therefore not that well known.

The area of his homeland is well known to Caldrin for being populated by gray elves. But there seems to be something he is not telling. It is hard to say, because Shrough is not hiding that there is something hidden, just that there is something . . . .

"as ot the mysterious benefactor, I just don't know"He then switches to the common tongue and continues, "But as for willie, if he needs any thing t all, I will do my best to help him." then a smile curls forth, "Even if he doesn't know he is being helped" followed by a quick wink.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Caldrin and his friend enter the Ogre ahead of Shrough. He could take advantage of Wilie's offer to have the Market Watch buy a bottle of that whiskey he mentioned.
Walking up to the bar I pay the man 7 silvers for a meal and a room for the night."Wilie told me to ask for a bottle of your finest whiskey." [MENTION=6801163]Chuckfar[/MENTION] "Perhaps you'd like to drink with me, friend?"

Chuckfar

First Post
Cal will drop the stable hands a gold piece and say "Please take real good care of Marlee for me."

When he enters the inn, he will agree to have a drink with vak'tiel. Cal will also give the large gentleman 6 gold pieces for food and a room and drinks for the night for him and his friends after the free bottle.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Cal will drop the stable hands a gold piece and say "Please take real good care of Marlee for me."

When he enters the inn, he will agree to have a drink with vak'tiel. Cal will also give the large gentleman 6 gold pieces for food and a room and drinks for the night for him and his friends after the free bottle.
"Well my friend if you were trying to buy my friendship with all these drinks you've certainly succeeded."

Remove ads