Star Trek Adventures Pre-Order is live

Also, I'm not sure that's what actually happened. There are still plenty of one-star reviews on the site, and the number hasn't gone down since the last time I saw the site. I suppose it's possible they took them down and put them back up again, however.

I think the increase in the ratings is due to a bunch of positive reviews posted to counteract the bad ones about the prices. Nonetheless, to Morrus's point, those are also fake reviews since they're posted just as countercommentsry and aren't actual reviews of the still unrealized product.

Edited to add: it looks like Modiphius did post responses to some of the negative reviews within the reviews themselves.

When I looked earlier today, *all* the reviews were gone. They seemed to have reversed that.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
And expensive! The Core book + shipping to California ran me $72 which maybe isn't terrible, but the GM Screen is $39! Seven dice are $24!

To confirm: they charged you about $14 for shipping to CA? I'm trying to find out what shipping is for just the book, or the starter bundle, and all I can find is the fixed shipping cost for the cubes.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
They're shipping it from the United Kingdom so it's expensive. I noticed that Cool Stuff Inc. has it $41. And I bet the shipping is cheaper too. I may switch my order over.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/243636

Thanks for that link. I wonder if that purchase would include the PDF that comes with a purchase of the book. They said they're working through Bits and Mortar to deliver the PDF of the book to folks who buy the physical copy, directly from them or a FLGS.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
So, if you preordered, you just got the PDF.

Anyone else reading through it? Thoughts?

Workin' on it. I like what I've seen so far, but I've had a busy weekend, so I haven't had time to really do much more than flip through and skim the sections like Ships. Production values are top notch.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
FYI: I emailed their customer service folks to ask how much the Starter Bundle would cost for US shipping, and they said about 20 pounds - so about $26-27, which would put that bundle at around $130ish, delivered.

oneshot

Explorer
Workin' on it. I like what I've seen so far, but I've had a busy weekend, so I haven't had time to really do much more than flip through and skim the sections like Ships. Production values are top notch.

Same here. I haven't been able to do a deep dive with it yet, but I definitely like what I see.

There are a lot of great background details that really help with immersive play. For example, I love the planetary and stellar classifications guides. Those are neat (and, in the case of stellar classification, real-life informative as well).

Remove ads