Play Star Trek By Yourself In This New Solo Version of Star Trek Adventures

Randomly generate missions and play in any era!

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.11.19 AM.png

Captain's Log Solo Roleplaying Game is new from Modiphius (which produces the official Star Trek Adventures TTRPG). The digest-sized rulebook is 326 pages long, and you play a starship captain as your ship and crew explore the galaxy.

The game is set in any era of Star Trek, from TOS all the way through to Discovery in the 32nd Century, Missions are randomly generated, as there is no gamemaster, but the game can also be played cooperatively with a GM.

The book comes on in August, but if you pre-order now you get the PDF immediately.

StarTrek.com has a preview of the game.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.12.09 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.12.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.13.12 AM.png

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
So it sounds like it doesn't really incorporate Threat and Momentum then?
It does. Instead of points, you either have Momentum or you don't. You have Threat or you don't. You can still spend them to impact the narrative, just not at the level you would in STA with multiple points.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
So for those who've had the book longer and maybe actually used it, in what ways are the game mechanics streamlined?

Beyond the just mentioned momentum/thread and ditching the d6s?

damiller

Adventurer
While I am reading/assimilating these rules I realized that you could offload even more of the work by using the STA Briefs that are offered for free. Each one has like 10 adventure seeds. If i use it I'll report how it goes.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
While I am reading/assimilating these rules I realized that you could offload even more of the work by using the STA Briefs that are offered for free. Each one has like 10 adventure seeds. If i use it I'll report how it goes.
Perfect timing. I posted a video on that very topic the other night. :D (And one on adapting standalone missions to CL.)

Remove ads

Remove ads