TUW: The Outpost

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 220: Maka

OOC: After brief discussion, posting for @Tellerian Hawke who is busy with RL.

GM: When Taylar thumps the water it creates a concussive wave that travels out from his hands toward the muddy patch of water, as the patch continues to drift downstream. Also, it produces a very interesting sound. So interesting that Taylar thumps a second time as Vittero joins him to perform the same task for himself. Sadly, no fish or reptiles surface after the intrusion.
After observing the results of Taylar's and Vittero's acts upon the water, Maka nods his head, confirming his suspicion. He conveys to the crew that the muddied patch of water is due to some earlier activity upstream. It could be a herd of game animals or people. Also, he adds that he thinks the crew should move on and finish their task at hand and rid themselves of the two horses before pursuing any further investigation. He would hate for the crew to lose the horses after the effort made to retrieve the stolen one.

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk informs his friends about the particulars of the spoor and says:

"If they're still close enough to come to the water hole, maybe we can have some goat or fowl tonight. Adi, Maka, you up for some hunting?

Sylvar B.

Explorer
With a smile Adi says "I'm game" Then he pokes Raven with his staff...See what I did there? I'm game...goats and fowl are known as game... he chuckles for a moment, highly amused at himself. If we can get close enough, we could try thumping one, it may have an interesting result Adi's eyes get wide with excitment...Maybe on our way home we could try to get some to follow us to the village and we could sell them

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk, as always, shakes his head at Adi's cornball humor. But, the idea of possibly encouraging animals to follow them for sale and profit intrigued Raven Elk immensely.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Maybe on our way home we could try to get some to follow us to the village and we could sell them

Taylar says, "Why wait for the village? If we can get some animals to follow us, we could sell them at Boga City. We're bound to get a better price for them, and it would be good practice for real commerce."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Taylar said:
"Why wait for the village? If we can get some animals to follow us, we could sell them at Boga City. We're bound to get a better price for them, and it would be good practice for real commerce."

Maka nods, "That is a good idea. Maybe we can make enough money to upgrade our equipment."

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk, nodding in agreement and liking where this idea was going, says:

"Then let's get this thing going. Shall it be the goats, the sheep or the big birds? Or are we crazy enough to try all three? Having an affinity with birds, I am interested in testing that option."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 220: The Best Laid Plans...

... Adi says "... Maybe on our way home we could try to get some to follow us to the village and we could sell them."
GM: Party XP will be awarded for this idea.

Taylar says, "Why wait for the village? If we can get some animals to follow us, we could sell them at Boga City. We're bound to get a better price for them, and it would be good practice for real commerce."
Maka nods, "That is a good idea. Maybe we can make enough money to upgrade our equipment."
OOC: A reasonable amount of mundane items such as rope and cord are considered to be in the party's possession without needed record on the party inventory.

Maka begins to convey to the crew that while his tribe hunts and traps to provide food for The Outpost, none of them can manipulate Way and none know of his newly found talent. He continues to explain that when the tribe wants to capture an entire herd they set up snare lines and have members of the tribe man the lines to spring them simultaneously from places of hiding. It does not always work, but the results are usually better than when trying to fire at them with arrows.

Choosing the game trail that seems indicative of small sheep or goats, Maka demonstrates how to make snares and how everyone should be spaced. As the light of day begins to fade, everyone takes a position to wait to see if the quarry will arrive.

About an hour after dark, when the crew members can barely see, the tiniest of movement of the grass and the soft sounds of small hooves on soil, Maka cries, "Now!" and everyone jerks on their cors to see if they have managed to snare the foot of a game animal.
[sblock=Hunting]Effectiveness:

• Empathy (Divination Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial + d100
Raven Elk: 19 + 15 + 91(d100) > 100
Maka: 17 + 17 + 85(d100) > 100
Vittero: 18 + 19 + 74(d100) > 100
Taylar: 16 + 17 + 60(d100) < 100
Adisakti: 10 + 24 + 80(d100) > 100[/sblock]
GM: At the moment the trap is sprung, everyone feels tension on the other end of their cord and the night is disrupted by horrible squealing. One might think that the animals were being squeezed to death rather than captured. Everyone, that is, except Taylar, who had dozed off for a second and then jerked his cord too hard and too late, even though it was only late by a few tics. More squealing it heard along with a thunder of tiny hooves as the free animals flee in panic. The crew has managed to capture 4 dwarf goats.

When the 4 successful crew members reel in there quarry, Vittero begins laughing.
"I know it is dark, but still, these are the smallest goats I have ever seen."

He then muddles his goat's mind so that it will stop screaming.
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
  • francs: 10
  • horse: 2 (borrowed)
  • spider fangs: 10 pair: {Cohesion +1}
  • Dove Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Cohesion +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Rooster Tail Feathers: 1 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Grouse Tail Feathers: 5 sets: {Cohesion +1}
  • Zinc Ingots: 13: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Lead Ingot: 1: {dissemble x2}
  • Piece of Slate: 1: {mechanical way x2}
  • Piece of Flint: 1 {heat x2}
  • Lodestone: 1: {shock x2}
  • dried leaves: 1 measure: {?}
  • Nightstone: 1: {?}
New Collections:

• dwarf goats: 4

[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 58/60
arrows: 11
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Maka: full health
tunic: 27/50
arrows: 11
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar eyes the small goats skeptically. "I was expecting something larger. If I can't even catch one of these things, then hunting is definitely not my calling. The only question I have left is, 'How do they taste?' If they can't keep up, you can let them ride on the horses, but I'm not carrying one unless it's in my belly." He chuckles as he props his baton against his shoulder.

Waynan

Adventurer
After their catch of the 4 dwarf goats, Raven Elk asks:

"Do you think we could get this lucky again?", as he gets ready to reset the snare.

Remove ads