D&D 5E State of the mystic

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I wish I could award you more XP for this post. A psionics system built with the rules for using the Force as presented in Star Wars Saga Edition would be great.
I thought they were talking about the earlier d20 star wars system where by you make a skill check, spend some hit points, and use the power.

I thought they were talking about the earlier d20 star wars system where by you make a skill check, spend some hit points, and use the power.

It could be, but I believe the Saga system is an improvement upon that concept. Spending force points is better than spending vitality and having a single Use the Force skill is better than having various different skills that must be purchased individually, in my opinion. I also think that a power suit renewable with a short rest can be balanced against the various features of the core 5e classes.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I wish I could award you more XP for this post. A psionics system built with the rules for using the Force as presented in Star Wars Saga Edition would be great.

It is not that different from the 2E D&D rules. You change the disciplines and add psionic combat. I really enjoyed the psionic combat rules from The Will & The Way, they created a strategic game within the game.

I love the UA Mystic, it’s exactly what I’d want from a 5e version of the Psion. Even though it’s power level should be adjusted a little, it feels different and it plays differently than other casters, which, for me, is important. A Psion with standard spell slots is simply a Sorcerer.

Remove ads