The Long Journey Home

Arthur Campbell

First Post
He sighed returning his suit and explosives, stealing one last glance at them as he left the armory and headed off to the bridge.

Upon receiving his orders he was confused, for the first time he had been assigned a mission that he wasn't sure he could accomplish, still he would do his utmost as a member of the squad.

I'm ready to go when you are sir

He then placed his hands behind his back and awaited his commander.

Last edited:

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
Good day Naomi, I would like to request full reports on both the recently finished combat and the report on the engine changes, I will probably be able to sort out this interesting paksis fluctuation better than any of your normal crew.

As Ghost starts giving orders, J.D. turns and listens dutifully, already fully aware of what roles they would be playing, having read all the personnel files before take off.

Yes I think you got that right, do you think you'll be alright sorting through files Captain? It seems a little mundane for your usually enigmatic self.

At that, he gives a perfect florid bow to Naomi, gestures to Aleksandra, and starts to walk away towards the engineering bay.

Aleksandra Blinked to. The last few minutes had blurred past for her. She stopped paying real attention when one of her allies turned into an ever-loving mech, even the historical animated shows she'd watched with transforming robotic heroes didn't do it justice.
She didn't notice her suit change to a holographic external projection that fluctuated in colour and density, surrounded by orbiting pieces of technology and armour plates.
She didn't notice when her two VI holograms forced her to auto pilot her way through the de-quipping process.
She didn't notice when Naomi debriefed them.
She didn't notice when Leader Ghost assigned them to damage repair assessment.

She perked up when J.D mentioned paksis.

"Ooh, I'm really good with Paksis. I studied everything I could about it before the selection for the mission happened"

"Wait what...How did?" Thought Alexandra
"You had a silly nerd gasm for 10 minutes about the dumb robot form your kid shows" replied Olga
"What? "
"Look, just get through the next assignment and we can see the the playback and you can gasm again over your new suit"
"I um. Okay I guess"
"Good you can thank me later"

'Ghost'

First Post
I'm not happy about being given engineering detail. I'm a soldier, not an engineer as is my squad but I've been given my orders, I follow them as I always do.

As always his face unchanging giving away nothing. He makes no attempt to disguise the contempt in his voice and as he speaks his eyes never leave Naomi's.

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
Ray was almost heartbroken as he had to dismount from his suit; he felt like(and to an extent looked like) megaman and that was not a feeling he wanted to give up easily. Granted, red and grey were not colours he thought suited him in combination, but with the power he felt rush through him, he wasn't fussed about colour schemes.

"Well I'll be darned... These things are pretty swanky."

Regardless, he did as he was told and attended the debriefing. Finally, a mission where Rey couldn't get herself into too much trouble, he could relax at least a little. As much as he loved to unload tonnes of ammo at the enemy, he felt this was more his 'thing'.

"Right behind you cap'n. Lets go show 'em there is nought to fear with Echo squad on the case, ey?"

"The two of them are arguing about the initial jump. As we are still unsure where we are at the moment, the navigator is on his way up and hopefully we will have a slightly... quieter... discussion about that."

She then glares directly into Ghost's eyes obviously not happy.

"You are a soldier yes. Where I'm from soldiers don't whine about their assignments, they also realize their assignments importance without contempt either. Your job as a soldier here is to protect the ship and its crew. We control the rationing of this ship when it is in a state of an emergency, we won't know how to ration that without intel gathered by our men. Or would you prefer to sit on your ass because there is nothing to fight?"

'Ghost'

First Post
Not at all ma'am. As I said before I follow my orders, regardless of my feelings for them.

Ghost turns and heads off the bridge. Heading towards engineering. A small smile kept in check but the thought in his mind...

She reminds me of her. Finally someone who knows what they're doing and is determined to get it done.

"Wow" said Aleksandra to Naomi as Ghost walked away "You're feisty. I'm sorry about our stick in the mud Leader, he'll learn to open up here if we prod him enough I'm sure. I'm glad we have someone like you to kick him in to line in the meantime though. Me And Private J.D he're will get you the repair assessment lickedy split."

She turned and grabbed J.D's arm and dragged him as she moved spiritedly off the bridge.

"Come on J.D, lets go do some science."

As she dragged Tsuba away a frown came across her face.

"Damn I hope it isn't too badly damaged. If it is we'll be stuck out here. Space is cool but the ramifications are problematic, especially with that argument over our initial jump. Basic navigation should be able to tell us if we're somewhere recognisable which means we're probably quite far out. Damages far out could spell disaster." thought Aleksandra.
"Also you need to fix Ghost's past and emotions" piped up Ula.
"Dammit this isn't the time for that."
"Sure it is," added Olga "You can even get brother dearest in on a fact finding mission, Misha didn't seem to like our little Casper too well."
"You two are far too frisky" Aleksandra huffed "I forgot to power you down during dequip didn't I."
"Yes," said Ula.
"You betcha," smirked Olga.
"Well then you can help with the task at hand." Aleksandra retorted.
"Who's the fiery redhead?" Said Olga.
"Oh you shut up!" Ula blushed.
"Girls focus, I can't have you arguing in my head I'll look nuts now shush."
"Sorry," said Ula.
"Fine," sulked Olga.
"Good now let's go".

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
I'm not happy about being given engineering detail. I'm a soldier, not an engineer as is my squad

The usual grin suddenly disappeared from Mikhail's face as he turned towards Ghost.

We are soldiers and it is our job, our duty to protect this ship. Every piece of ammunition that hit her, every life lost is our fault. We were not fast enough, strong enough, prepared enough. Mikhail took a step back and raised his voice to address the rest of Siera as well, his expression deadly serious We made mistakes and people died! We gave an oath to protect them yet we still live and they don't! There is nobody else for this job, for it is our cross to carry . As you walk through the corridors of the wanderer look at destruction and suffering around you and remember that this is the price of our failure!

Not waiting to see other reaction Mikhail turned towards Naomi.

We have wasted enough time, we will get you the report.

As Mikhail walked past Alexandra he jokingly punched her in the shoulder.
Удачи.

OOC: Sorry for :):):):)ing with space time continuum a bit!

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey raised a brow at ghost's comments about destruction as she listened to their orders seemed like the sniper was still a boy playing soldier to some degree whining when he didn't have a target in his sights. She nodded at their orders "Ready to move out when you are Sir, let's see if we can't lift their spirits a little!" she said before sliding off towards Ghost as he left, voice barely above a whisper .

"Two things before you slink off Commander, firstly you do understand everything needs maintenance... you were cleaning and checking your rifle before battle were you not and this ship, this crew is in just as much of need of maintenance as your precious weapon"

She hummed, balancing back and forth on her heels before continuing, frowning for a moment to try and emphasise the point... but her usual smile crept back quickly enough.

"That and Destruction is Destruction,the sniper shot that ends a conflict or the destructive power that tunnels through the earth for our tunnels, neither bring more conflict so if all your destruction only causes more perhaps you need more precision

She stepped back, returning to her commander with a few parting words

"I could help you with that"

Remove ads