What's This Mysterious D&D Book? [UPDATED!]

As long as it's not 5.5...

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Now I would be interested in a 5.5 edition with the same core ruleset with fixes to aspects of the game that seem to have been rushed and don't work well. But I don't think we're there yet?

Please - no half editions. They're the worst. There hasn't been a "point five" edition yet that actually has been worth the grief. Just release fixes in supplements as better ways are found to do things that aren't perfect in the core rules and then once you have enough of them (and you know they actually do work better than what is in the core rules) put out a sixth edition that reorganizes those fixes into the core rules.

At the rate they're going it would be 5-10 more years until a sixth edition with that approach. Which would be just fine with me.

GarrettKP

Explorer
This is pretty obvious. It is just a special edition PHB. No revision (outside of the errata being incorporated like it is in all new printings).

They will likely announce this, the DMG, and MM tomorrow, and tease an announcement date for the Settings coming this year.

Osgood

Hero
I'd be up for a limited edition cover of a PHB with all the latest errata and perhaps a better index. Even better if they revised the downtime section to align with XGE.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Collector's editions? Another hard pass for me. Gotta say these latest 5e releases have been a boon on my bank account.

Wake me up when they get to psionics or Dark Sun.

Remove ads

Remove ads