• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Iry

Hero
Wish doesn't block Gate. The Sorcerer can pick both simultanealy.
You only have one 9th level spell slot. You can only cast Wish or Gate in the same day. Any day you cast Wish is a day you are not casting Gate.
Wish
"The stress of casting this spell to produce any Effect other than duplicating another spell weakens you."

I beg to disagree. Duplicating another spell doesn't have that risk.
I'm talking about using Wish to permanently add a spell to your Spells Known.

Hohige

Explorer
You only have one 9th level spell slot. You can only cast Wish or Gate in the same day. Any day you cast Wish is a day you are not casting Gate.

I'm talking about using Wish to permanently add a spell to your Spells Known.
I dont like Gate spell. Its weaker than you think.
Suicide spell.

Simulacrum lasts "forever"
A normal character's Simulacrum lasts but you clearly intend to burn through its non-regenerating spell slots at an unsustainable rate.
Mind Blank is The standard spell for The Sorcerer while Its fighting.
Okay. Good to know. So on the days when he is not hiding away somewhere, he has invested his 9th level slot on Mind Blank. Good to have that established. Remember that when he needs to see someone invisible, breath underwater, escape from a demiplane, or whatever else gets thrown at him.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Unfortunelly, Subtle Seeming can't be counterspelled. ^^
Re-read Seeming and think through what a third party sees when you change the appearance of the group around you.
Seeming has a range. So Sleet Storm into the middle of the group who all just changed; you'll be nearby.
If you get careless ... Subtle-casting hides Verbal and Somatic components but not Material components. Pulling stuff out of your pockets might be a giveaway. Even if we don't know it's You, any spellcaster is a priority target.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
First and biggest problem. Can you know who is the DEMIGOD?
Your chance to hit him is 0,016% (Clones).
It also has effectively 717 HP. The Warlock and battlemaster is dead now. The Sorcerer hits at 660ft, It's better than Warlock and Battlemaster's range. Right? They can't do nothing, it's pretty clear.
Mind Affecting? Mink Blank, counterspell and again, 0,016% chance.
Can you stay at 660ft range against say an Aaracockra Monk? Will the pursuit draw you out of that crowd you claim gives us a 0.016% chance to target you?I

P.S. Why does you having 717 HP make Battlemasters or Warlocks dead?

auburn2

Adventurer
halfling 18th level shadow monk, 2nd level rogue beats him pretty easily. Stay 121ft away and hide very round.

Kill off the duplicates one-by-one then either kill him or wait for him to sleep and attack him in his sleep.

feats for this build: fey touched, shadow touched, mage slayer, skulker.

Last edited:

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I admire your enthusiasm for the Sorcerer and while I agree its stronger than many "Optimizers" give it credit for, I feel you may be overselling the build in this case. Its strong, surely, though I don't think its something one could consider "broken."

iHamer

Villager
Firstly this is a very interesting build. But it is built on a number of false assumptions.

Firstly addressing your OP health pool, you are assuming you can cast Warding Bond on yourself. Which you cannot. It can be cast on you from someone else (defeating the purpose of a 1v1)
Secondly meta magic twinned spell does not work on spells with a range of self, of which Wish has a range of self (you are not casting Simulacrum by using Wish, you are using Wish to duplicate its effects, therefore you are trying to twin Wish which cannot be done.)

Dont get it mixed up, this is still a powerful character, but only outside of the scope of both the rules and timeframe given for beating this character (casting this many spell and features in a 1v1 fight most likely won't save you unless you have time to prepare, which kind of defeats the purpose of a 1v1 battle. Given enough time to prepare any character regardless of mechanical strength can become very powerful, its why kings are so hard to defeat even if they are mere mortals).

iHamer

Villager
Firstly this is a very interesting build. But it is built on a number of false assumptions.

Firstly addressing your OP health pool, you are assuming you can cast Warding Bond on yourself. Which you cannot. It can be cast on you from someone else (defeating the purpose of a 1v1)
Secondly meta magic twinned spell does not work on spells with a range of self, of which Wish has a range of self (you are not casting Simulacrum by using Wish, you are using Wish to duplicate its effects, therefore you are trying to twin Wish which cannot be done.)

Dont get it mixed up, this is still a powerful character, but only outside of the scope of both the rules and timeframe given for beating this character (casting this many spell and features in a 1v1 fight most likely won't save you unless you have time to prepare, which kind of defeats the purpose of a 1v1 battle. Given enough time to prepare any character regardless of mechanical strength can become very powerful, its why kings are so hard to defeat even if they are mere mortals).

Remove ads