D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
The Sorcerer killed you and now He've changed his identity again. The Sorcerer casts subtle spells with impunity.
The sorcerer is not only strong in combat, but he is also a master of deception and disguise.
Subtle Seeming spell forces you to have the image of your enemy. :ROFLMAO:
"This spell allows you to change the Appearance of any number of creatures that you can see within range. You give each target you choose a new, illusory Appearance. An unwilling target can make a Charisma saving throw, and if it succeeds, it is unaffected by this spell."

Your "Loyal" allies see you as their enemy and the Sorcerer has assumed your identity.
I love subtle spell.
A new zombie ready to fight for him and the Sorcerer commands your loyal (I dont know why Its loyal) army.
The sorcerer can't kill me, my minions are too reliable.

Unfortunately, nothing you posted would work against him.
I see, so he doesn't have abysmal saving throws and a negligible AC.

You have essentially built the enemy that the silly and impractical Warlock Sniper builds, optimized for distances that never actually come up in real play, were born to kill. All this flying becomes 20d6 fall damage real quick if against a ranged Battlemaster.

And, given the anemic wisdom saves, you have really just built a mighty servant for whomever casts any sort of mind control on this guy.

Hohige

Explorer
I see, so he doesn't have abysmal saving throws and a negligible AC.

You have essentially built the enemy that the silly and impractical Warlock Sniper builds, optimized for distances that never actually come up in real play, were born to kill. All this flying becomes 20d6 fall damage real quick if against a ranged Battlemaster.

And, given the anemic wisdom saves, you have really just built a mighty servant for whomever casts any sort of mind control on this guy.
First and biggest problem. Can you know who is the DEMIGOD?
Your chance to hit him is 0,016% (Clones).
It also has effectively 717 HP. The Warlock and battlemaster is dead now. The Sorcerer hits at 660ft, It's better than Warlock and Battlemaster's range. Right? They can't do nothing, it's pretty clear.
Mind Affecting? Mink Blank, counterspell and again, 0,016% chance.

Last edited:

Iry

Hero
A 20th level sorcerer should certainly be capable of conquering the world if he's smart enough, or willing to trust someone who is smarter than him. He would pretty much do it the same way as the Wizard, just with slightly different spell choices and ironically a worse PR campaign, since Create Magen is not on the Sorcerer spell list.

But the job gets done eventually. All hail the second king?

Hohige

Explorer
A 20th level sorcerer should certainly be capable of conquering the world if he's smart enough, or willing to trust someone who is smarter than him. He would pretty much do it the same way as the Wizard, just with slightly different spell choices and ironically a worse PR campaign, since Create Magen is not on the Sorcerer spell list.

But the job gets done eventually. All hail the second king?
Wizards can't do it, they are pretty weak vs the sorcerer.
Create Mage is from Wish duplicated spell. ^^

Iry

Hero
Create Mage is from Wish duplicated spell. ^^
That is true! So they could cast it with Wish, but that blocks the Gate spell. I suppose they could Wish to know Create Magen, which risks not having Wish anymore. But that might a decent price to pay since Gate is still your world conquering bread and butter.

Hohige

Explorer
That is true! So they could cast it with Wish, but that blocks the Gate spell. I suppose they could Wish to know Create Magen, which risks not having Wish anymore. But that might a decent price to pay since Gate is still your world conquering bread and butter.
I couldn't disagree more.

Wish doesn't block Gate. The Sorcerer can pick both simultanealy.
Gate is a suicide spell. That's why I didn't pick it.
"which risks not having Wish anymore"
Wish
"The stress of casting this spell to produce any Effect other than duplicating another spell weakens you."

I beg to disagree. Duplicating another spell doesn't have that risk.

Last edited:

Mind Affecting? Mink Blank, counterspell and again, 0,016% chance.
Mind Blank? You don't know that spell.

You could cast it with Wish, except that you already used that to make a Simulacrum on any given day. Or to re-up your contingency. Or to Create Magen. Or whatever else.

Hohige

Explorer
Mind Blank? You don't know that spell.

You could cast it with Wish, except that you already used that to make a Simulacrum on any given day. Or to re-up your contingency. Or to Create Magen. Or whatever else.
Simulacrum lasts "forever", Contingency 10 days, create magen lasts forever.
Mind Blank is The standard spell for The Sorcerer while Its fighting.
Its has immunity to charm, divination spells for 24h duration and against Mind Affecting Spells like Feeblemind.
The Sorcerer is hard to defeat.

Remove ads