6-5 Rule of Three

nogray

Adventurer
The article is here. Included is some confirmation about ability scores, the paladin class, and guidelines for applying a modifier or giving advantage/disadvantage.

Discuss at your leisure. :)

Obryn

Hero
So there WILL be a Paladin, eh?

I'd half-convinced myself that the weirder subclasses (paladin, assassin, illusionist, etc.) would just become Themes.

-O

I believe, if you think advantage is too much, apply the a modifiere to the reroll:

slight advantage:
roll: miss...
player picks up the die.
DM: you were slightly advantaged: reroll with a minus 2 modifier.

Or two advantages:
sane as above, but reroll with a +2 modifier.

Zaphling

First Post
To all paladin haters, you are dead wrong!!! Booyah!!

(THIS INCLUDES THOSE PEOPLE WHO INSIST THEY BE THEMES OR A SUBCLASS FOR FIGHTERS OR CLERICS)

jadrax

Adventurer
Reposting from another thread: I am not really sure why people really thought Paladin would not be a class.

If any of the core list is going to be glossed over, Illusionist would be my guess.

Incenjucar

Legend
Reposting from another thread: I am not really sure why people really thought Paladin would not be a class.

If any of the core list is going to be glossed over, Illusionist would be my guess.

Yeah. That's one of the more bizarre rumors people have started. They seem to be planning to bring assassins into the game, even, of COURSE they're including paladins.

thewok

First Post

I'd half-convinced myself that the weirder subclasses (paladin, assassin, illusionist, etc.) would just become Themes.
I seem to remember their saying they want all the previous PHB classes in the initial 5E PHB. I would hope for all PHB races, too, with drow as a subrace of elf. I'm anxious to see the bard. I'm hoping it's more like the 4E bard/skald and not the "wannabe rogue" of 3E.

The sorcerer excites me, too, as that promises to be their first foray into non-vancian arcane casting for this edition. I'm interested in seeing how they'll do it.

Zaphling

First Post

-O

paladin is never a weird subclass. if clerics are god's servants, paladins are god's weapons.

jadrax

Adventurer
I seem to remember their saying they want all the previous PHB classes in the initial 5E PHB. I would hope for all PHB races, too, with drow as a subrace of elf.

There was some player speculation that Drow might make it because a) Drizzt, b) apparently they were a player race in the essentials core book and that's kinda core right, and c) Drizzt.

variant

Adventurer
I believe, if you think advantage is too much, apply the a modifiere to the reroll:

slight advantage:
roll: miss...
player picks up the die.
DM: you were slightly advantaged: reroll with a minus 2 modifier.

Or two advantages:
sane as above, but reroll with a +2 modifier.

Modifiers allow them to hit higher DCs or restrict them to lower DCs. I am sure that's why advantage/disadvantage was added to begin with.

Remove ads