• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Well as long as she isn't as lovely as Meadowbrook that sould be fine. ;) (Just kidding :lol: )

Okay, I'll finish her up. I still have not found those nonmagical books that give confidence bonus... (Not sure if it matters the carrier for the books was rather expensive anyhow.)

Ion

Explorer
Yea, I say don't worry too much about starting off with too big of a library. Though it is "entirely possible" you might find some interesting books to read on many subjects through the course of an adventuring career.

Ion

Explorer
Voadam:
I'm not entirely satisfied with the "level draining evil undead" idea, but I really like the "randomly portal into a scene" feel.

What if, when the rift opened, not only did it swallow up Waldo and yourself, but the bane demon as well. But because it was an unstable rift, it didn't have enough energy on it's own to transport all three of you as one unit. Instead, it drains energy from each of you (effectively dropping your level, and messing with the demon), and splits the group into three smaller chunks that are easily more portable. And so it drops you, Waldo, and the demon off in different parts of the world.

You could appear out of nowhere in an appropriately random scene, you still end up with an enemy out there to hunt down, or who is hunting you down, and we don't have to worry about any "rules" type concerns with your level draining.

What do you think of the idea?

I mean, having a man drop from 10' above the ground in a tavern isn't even the most cliché beginning I can think of. ;)

Ion

Explorer
*shrug* You're building up to it. For now stashing a couple of tomes in the backpack can't hurt, and leave the rest at your Father's house.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
I mean, having a man drop from 10' above the ground in a tavern isn't even the most cliché beginning I can think of. ;)

Here I was thinking, "Oh great he's going to land right in Meadowbrook's room when she is changing." :eek:

:lol:

Can we have 5th level characters? (Got to love questions from left field.)

Ion

Explorer
Oh great he's going to land right in Meadowbrook's room when she is changing."

That hasn't been ruled out yet...;)

Can we have 5th level characters?

Any particular reason? I'm inclined to stick with 4th, only because we've got two characters in the RG already built to go, and I'd like to get things moving. On the other hand I have nothing against the idea...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
That hasn't been ruled out yet...;)
:lol: Figured as much. ;) (It admittedly draws two characters together also)

Ion said:
Any particular reason?
Cause right now I have half my levels tied up into a LA. With one more level its only 40% of them. It also brings us closer to level 6, which means I can start looking at dropping this LA some. Leveling in PbP is half hazardly at best but it usually takes about half a year on an active game to make a level. (Sometimes its as fast as 4 a year) and if we are involved in combat I can say my character is in near death already as she’s still in single digit hit points.

I’ve also don’t have the money to look at helping her out defensively yet. (Not if I want to be truthful to the flavor of the character) It would also give me one more feat to help flush my character out.

All in all, all my troubles our self-inflicted so I really don’t have a right to complain, nor am I really trying to come off as such, I’m just bring up an honest concern for addressing.

Ion

Explorer
Alright, I'm sold. (unless somone else has qualms with gaining another level?)

5th level it is. Statswise, when do you think you'll be ready to go?

Phyrrus

First Post
I know that at the moment, it is waiting list only, but I would like to place my name on the list. As there does seem to be a shortage of a true tank, if I get to come in initially, I would like to try a goliath warrior if possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads