A New Power: Early New Republic Campaign

Angcuru

First Post
The game will begin in the transition of powers following the fall of the Empire and the Rise of the New Republic.

I'm hoping for at least three, and at the most, five characters for the initial stages of the game. As the game progresses, new character slots may open up.

I know Ankh-Morpork guard wants in on this, so that's one slot taken up. Steve Jung has expresses interest, but it's not a definite, so that'll be an open slot until I get confirmation from him. After that, it's a first come, first served basis for getting into the game. After the fifth slot is filled, there will be up to 10 alternate slots available.

Once characters are submitted and the game is started, I expect to post regularly, hopefully a few times per day or more at the busy times, and at the absolute least twice a week. It all depends on the players and how often they post.

Now, keep in mind that I intend this to be a very role-play heavy game, hopefully lasting a long while if all goes well. So if you're looking for a quick flash in the pan game, this isn't for you. Experienced players are preferred, but those new to the system are welcome as well.

Before you submit character concepts however, take the time to read the forward to this campaign which I have posted in the Story Hour forum, especially if you plan to play a force user. A New Power

Last edited:

Yep, you've definitely got my interest for this one. :)

I'll need a little while to brood over a character idea, though I doubt it'll have anything to do with a Force user. Out of curiosity, any books beyond the Revised Core Book going to be avaliable?

Angcuru

First Post
Glad you like it.

Well, I've got a college buddy (more of an aquaintance actually, but still) who has a bunch of the SW d20 books on PDF, but with whome I am not game-compatible. But he let me borrow his PDF-filled CD. The ones I find myself using a lot, I will go out and buy when I get money since I prefer a good solid, tangible source of data than staring at a screen. (in 1 month, I will have loads of money, so books for me!).

The ones I have are:
Ultimate Alien Anthology
Arms and Equipment guide
Revised Core Rulebook
Coruscant and the Core Worlds
Dark Side Source Book
Hero Builder's Guidebook
New Jedi Order Sourcebook
Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
Starships of the Galaxy

Also, I got really lazy later on there in the SH and forgot the include the tidbit about how they stowed away on a refugee transport with a faulty hyperdrive and ended up crash-landed on an uncharted, untouched-by-civilization but still has some really nasty wildife type world. So they start up a new order of force users who are neither Jedi nor Sith, but something in between. So if someone wants to play a Jedi-type character, they can be one of their students (and children too, if you want) or another class that helps out with keeping their settlement up and working. Species are primarily Human, some Twil'lek, and a couple Bothan. Long story short, them peoples want off the planet, but they don't have the materials to repair their ship. (A.K.A. Prequel part deux)

If another ship with compatible parts coincidentally happens to crash land on that planet as well though.... ;)

Hope we get someone to do character portraits... :)

Galethorn

First Post
I'm quite interested. My first choice of character would be a 'standard' lightside human Jedi Guardian, but if that doesn't fit very well, I'd be perfectly happy as a Soldier who uses blaster rifles and 'commando tactics', and maybe has some piloting, negotiating, and leadership skills.

Anyway, regardless, Kor-Gon (or possibly some other name, if I come up with something better) could be summed up with a few words; Calm, Self-Assured, Kind, and Moral. Basically, he does the right thing when he can, seldom gets angry, always gives others the benefit of the doubt, and tries to seek non-violent solutions to problems.

As a Soldier, Kor-Gon spent a lot of his life (he's in his early 30s) fighting for who he thought were the 'good guys' at any given time in the chaos that's plagued the galaxy since he was young. In the process, he may have lost his innocence, but his moral compass is all the stronger.

..Or...

As a Jedi Guardian, Kor-Gon was a Padawan when the Purge began, and it was only by luck--or destiny--that he was able to escape to the outer rim. During the time of the empire, he did his best to keep one step ahead of trouble, and barely survived more than a few encounters with Palpatine's agents. With the fall of the empire, he's found himself in a new position; his very survival no longer depends on absolute secrecy, yet great injustice continues in many parts of the galaxy.

G

Guest 11456

My interest is peaked. I will probably be looking at a non-force user.

Tailspinner

P0L

Explorer
Sounds nice, I'd like in. But I need to know more about:

campaign: If I read right, we are a bunch of people marooned in some backwater planet?

character creation: level, ability stats.. the crunchy bits.

Super Girl

First Post
P0L said:
Sounds nice, I'd like in. But I need to know more about:

campaign: If I read right, we are a bunch of people marooned in some backwater planet?

character creation: level, ability stats.. the crunchy bits.

:D :D :D

Angcuru

First Post
If I read right, we are a bunch of people marooned in some backwater planet?
At least one of you will be (hopefully a student of the new force-user order, that would be helpful for story reasons). But at least one will not be, as they will start the adventure off-world in a spacecraft/station/thingy.

Hmm....stats + level. I plan this to be RP-heavy, but in no way a cakewalk. Heck, you'll be hard pressed, I can tell you.

I'm going to allow the characters to have a bit of experience to cater to backstory. Base starting level will be LVL 2, but if you provide a truly awe-inspiring backstory with reason why you'd get involved with the others, I'll allow higher levels based on my descretion.

There are two options for stats. I know a lot of people are in love with point buy, but I have always hated it, but I'll allow it. You can either have me roll 6x(4d6-lowest roll) and you accept the result no matter what(I may fudge a little in your favor if it's reallly bad), or you can do 32 point buy. Seeing as how a weak char can be just as fun to play as tough one, I assume both are appealing. Ultimately your choice, though.

Characters signed up so far:
Ankh-Morpork Guard
Galethorn
Tailspinner
Pol

Galethorn - either character concept is good.
Super Girl - Was that an "I want in!", or are you just smiling? :)
Brother Shatterstone - Well, if you do want in, best express a decision before someone else does. ;)

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Angcuru said:
Brother Shatterstone - Well, if you do want in, best express a decision before someone else does. ;)

I would really LOVE to have more games going, especially on ENworld, but I don’t think its going to happen… I have alot on my plate right now. :(

Remove ads