A new setting contest?

The Cardinal

First Post
With 4E coming up:

1. Would you like to see a new setting contest, like the one that gave us Eberron (and Dawnforge, Urbis, etc.)?

2. Would you (again?) participate in such a contest?

Friadoc

Explorer
Oh, if there was a setting search, again, I would most definately take part in it.

For obvious, possibly even selfish reasons, I'd love to see one, again, too. Of course, this is because, as I said above, I'd love to take part in one, again.

Hmm, did I said again, again? *grins*

Seriously in need of sleep here, but in closing, I'd love to work up a new setting, or refine my setting from my last setting search attempt, as it'd be fun.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
No!

They rejected my genius. It is their loss. From that point forward whenever I have gotten an exciting, original idea (an average of 7.3 times per day) I perform brain surgery on myself with a mirror, sledgehammer, and a red hot graphite pencil to burn away the neuron that produced that particular bit of roleplaying joy.

They turned me down once, they will never do so again!

unless there's money in it

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I would, even if it only served as a Nanowrimo kind of thing to focus me on setting design. (Although the first round of stuff was pretty loose, in terms of an actual setting, per se.)

Mallus

Legend
I'd enter again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd enter the same setting, CITY! After several groups, and several years of play, it's so much bigger, better, and, frankly, even nuttier.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Tempting... I mean, I now know what I did wrong when writing that first submission for Urbis.

OTOH, Urbis gets ever closer to being ready for a publication in its own right... so I guess I'll continue to aim for that instead.

KingCrab

First Post
I'd love it. One thing I wish they did last time was spend more time talking about the settings that just missed making the cut. I guess it isn't in their interest to do so, but publishing a collection of a certain number of pages on the top 25 proposals would have been nice.

Shade

Monster Junkie
1.) I hope not. WotC has so many great campaign settings with built-in fanbases that it doesn't make sense to start anew yet again.

2.) If they must, I'd probably try. I didn't try last time, and kinda wished I had.

Remove ads