A New World of Kulan PbP Game! (Recruitment [Full])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm thinking either rogue or bard. Seems to me the classic roles have been filled, so no worries either way. :)
Well, the group has a rogue, so maybe go with a bard. Also, since your PC is a kenku, you can make him from the Eastern Lands, so if you want to take a class from Oriental Adventures (if you have it) or one of the more generic 3.5 versions of the classes that ended up in the Complete Series, go ahead.

For OA, just don't take any Shadowland options.

Scotley

Hero
Wow, I'm already 4 pages behind. I see the post that the classic roles are filled, so maybe I'll go with something of a support character. Suggestions are welcome.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, keep in mind, mine is a prc build for eldritch knight. So he is both neither and both fighter and mage - A Schrodinger's class if you will. if someone wants to go fighter or mage as well, no skin off my nose.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Wow, I'm already 4 pages behind. I see the post that the classic roles are filled, so maybe I'll go with something of a support character. Suggestions are welcome.

Well, keep in mind, mine is a prc build for eldritch knight. So he is both neither and both fighter and mage - A Schrodinger's class if you will. if someone wants to go fighter or mage as well, no skin off my nose.
A strong front line fighter might be a good idea. Monk might be an interesting option, if it suits you. Also, while the team has a rogue, it could use a nature warrior for wilderness tracking -- a ranger, a scout, or even a wilderness rogue (UA variant).

As well, I use the variant paladin classes from one of the issues of Dragon Magazine. (I don't have the issue number handy.) If you have that mag, you can pick any of those other alignment-based holy warriors.

Scotley

Hero
I haven't played a monk in a long time, so that might be fun. I guess a Ranger melee build might be slightly better as a front line fighter. I like the concept of the scout, but the skirmish mechanic is wonky. All that constant moving to get the extra damage is crazy. I'm sure I have the dragon mag with the paladins somewhere but it may be a challenge to locate it. Could be in the back of a couple different closets...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

I haven't played a monk in a long time, so that might be fun. I guess a Ranger melee build might be slightly better as a front line fighter. I like the concept of the scout, but the skirmish mechanic is wonky. All that constant moving to get the extra damage is crazy. I'm sure I have the dragon mag with the paladins somewhere but it may be a challenge to locate it. Could be in the back of a couple different closets...
Take your time.

BTW
I've finally picked a suitable adventure from Dungeon Magiazine. It's an older v.3.0 adventure, but it won't be hard to run it for a v.3.5 campaign. It's a city start and it doesn't say the group needs to be specific classes. It's designed for 7th-level, but it can be scaled up. (Roughly 30+ pages.) Since there are now 8 PCs, I'll likely use the sections that scale up to 8-9 and/or 10-11 (mixing from both sections -- picking the asiest changes). If it still comes out too easy, I might throw in one or two extra encounters.

I'm going to hold back the name of the adventure just in case any of you have played it before.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=6801163]Chuckfar[/MENTION],

Where did you get the Civilized Trait from? Is that v.3.5 trait (from UA or the D&D wiki) or something from Pathfinder. If the latter, please don't use any more Pathfinder material without asking me first.

Chuckfar

First Post
[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION]

Where did you get the Civilized Trait from? Is that v.3.5 trait (from UA or the D&D wiki) or something from Pathfinder. If the latter, please don't use any more Pathfinder material without asking me first.

Yes, I looked it up it is a pathfinder. I will adjust accordingly. Sorry about that. I will not use any more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases