A New World of Kulan PbP Game! (Recruitment [Full])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
His eventual progression will be wizard for 2 more levels, then E. knight for ten, then probably round it off with more wizards at the way upper levels.
Okay, I'm confused.

Is he a 3rd-level wizard, 2nd-level fighter, 2nd-level eldritch knight currently? Or are you planning to take levels in eldritch knight after you've allocated 2 more levels of wizard to the PC for the start of the game? (Starting him as a 5th-level wizard, 2nd-level fighter.)

The last PC sheet you posted only show 5 levels (unless I missed something). You realize the starting level is 7th, right? I had said 5th before, but I raised it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
we are level 5 right? so he is a level 3 wizard, level 2 fighter. Now, if I am wrong and we are supposed to be making level 7 characters, then he needs 2 more levels of wizard before making eldritch knight

that is what I meant by plans for 2 more levels of wizard then eldritch knight, then 10 levels of that.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
we are level 5 right? so he is a level 3 wizard, level 2 fighter. Now, if I am wrong and we are supposed to be making level 7 characters, then he needs 2 more levels of wizard before making eldritch knight

that is what I meant by plans for 2 more levels of wizard then eldritch knight, then 10 levels of that.
The PCs are supposed to be 7th level. I had stated 5th but I changed it to be 7th. Sorry, I assumed you'd seen that.

Scott DeWar

Ah, I missed that.

SO! He is gunna be a wizard 5, fighter 2. His next level will be the prc. This is an initiation time within the 'organization' . . . the order of the rose.

As for the improve familiar thing, is there any reason I can't get the ire wolf and just call it a really big gray wolf?

by the way, where in the dmg is that? I m looking in the vicinity of page 200 plus and see nothing. Could this be in dmg II ?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ah, I missed that.

SO! He is gunna be a wizard 5, fighter 2. His next level will be the prc. This is an initiation time within the 'organization' . . . the order of the rose.
No worries. I thought maybe that was the reason.

As for the improve familiar thing, is there any reason I can't get the dire wolf and just call it a really big gray wolf?
No, I would say that's fine. Because the dire wolf is a 6 HD animal, we'll consider it a familiar for a 3rd-level arcane spellcaster (BAB +3). It should probably be for a least a 5th-level arcane spellcaster w/ at least +5 for BAB, but your PC wouldn't qualify for that.

Scott DeWar

As a level 7 character, he would be a wizard 5 with a bab of +4. He would be able to call it next level. . . . . I think you mentioned a fox? That sounds like it is do-able.

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

As an after thought, If I had placed my fighter 2 to fighter 1, I can still become an eldritch Knight. Unfortunately, It still only leaves me with a +4 bab, so no wolf. still revisiting a fox as a familiar.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

Attachments

• Catfolk ranger.jpg
    Catfolk ranger.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Jagr Misthunter

Ranger 6 (+1 LA for CatFolk)

STR 18 (17+1 4th level bonus)
DEX 20 (16+4 Race)
CON 16
INT 13
WIS 15
CHA 13 (11+2 Race)
HP 48 (using average 8+4.5x5+3x6con)
ALIGN CN
BAB +6/+1
FORT +8 REF +10 WILL +4
AC 22 (10+6 armor+1 Natural Armor +5 Dex) Flat 17, Touch 15
SPEED 40'

Feats:
Combat Style 2nd Two-Weapon Fighting
Combat Style 6th Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Ranger Bonus 1st Track
Ranger bonus 3rd Endurance
Campaign Bonus Alertness
1st Level Weapon Focus (Halberd) +1 to hit
3rd Level Catfolk Pouch (races of the wild) Full attack on a charge vs. flatfooted opponent
6th Level Skewer Foe (champions of ruin) +1d6 subsequent attacks in the same round with piercing weapons

Skills: (6+1) x 10=70 Languages: Feline, Common (?), Sylvan, Draconic, Elven,
Balance cc (+5 Dex)
Bluff cc (+1 Cha)
Climb (1+4 Str)
Concentrate (2+2Con)
Craft (+1 Int)
Diplomacy cc (+1 Cha)
Gather Information cc (+1 Cha)
Handle Animal (5+1Cha)
Heal (5+2Wis)
Hide (6+5 Dex)
Intimidate (+1 Cha)
Jump (5+4 Str)
Knowledge (dungeoneering) (1+1 Int)
Knowledge (geography) (1+1 Int)
Knowledge (nature) (5+1Int+2 Syn)
Listen (6+2Wis+2 Race+2 Feat)
Move Silently (6+5 Dex+2 Race)
Profession (Hunter) (1+2 Wis)
Ride (+5 Dex+2 Syn)
Search (5+1 Int)
Sense Motive cc (+1 Wis)
Spot (6+2 Wis+2 Feat)
Survival (6+2Wis+2 following tracks or above ground Syn)
Swim (1+4 Str)
Tumble cc (+5Dex+2Syn)
Use Rope (1+5Dex)

Catfolk Class Features:

+4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma
Humanoid (Feline)
Catfolk base land speed is 40 feet.
Low-Light Vision (Ex): Catfolk can see twice as far as a human can in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
+2 racial bonus on Listen and Move Silently checks.
+1 Natural armor bonus
Automatic Languages: Feline and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Halfling, Sylvan. Catfolk speak Common and a language called Feline (each tribe speaking a dialect).
Favored Class: Ranger
Level Adjustment: +1

Ranger Class Features:
Distracting Attack Variant (PH2) No Animal companion. Beginning at level 4 any foe hit in melee or ranged combat is considered flanked by allies until next turn starts or attacked by an ally.
Favored enemy: +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures. (2nd enemy at 5th level and 1st enemy now +4, 3rd enemy at 10th level and each previous increased by +2) (?), (?)
Bonus Feats: Track, Endurance
Combat Style (Two-Weapon Fighting)
Wild Empathy (Ex) (1d20+6 Level+1 Cha+2 Syn) A ranger can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use wild empathy, the ranger and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. The ranger can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a -4 penalty on the check.
(Pending)Woodland Stride (Ex) Starting at 7th level, a ranger may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that are enchanted or magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.
(Pending) Swift Tracker (Ex) Beginning at 8th level, a ranger can move at his normal speed while following tracks without taking the normal -5 penalty. He takes only a -10 penalty (instead of the normal -20) when moving at up to twice normal speed while tracking.
(Pending) Evasion (Ex) At 9th level, a ranger can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the ranger is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless ranger does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Spells: DC 13, 1st Blades of Fire (Spell compendium), Entangle

Gear:
+1 Mithril Breastplate with MW spikes 5550 gp
--Least Ironward Diamond 500 gp (dr 1/- for 10 points a day)
+1 Shocking Halberd 8310 gp
--Least Phoenix Ash Threat 500 gp (target takes one point of fire damage on the next round)

Wand of Cure Light Wounds 750 gp

3390 gp plus one item up to 2500 gp bonus

Jagr's family has a long and proud history of service as hunters and warriors to a royal court (the royals are likely not Catfolk). Jagr was one such hunter. The court was also possessed of a powerful and mysterious court wizard. Jagr was long fascinated by the many strange and wondrous items in the wizard's chambers. While he had only the most basic knowledge of how magical things worked, Jagr was still intrigued and often came to visit the wizard. For his part the old wizard found having a young athletic Catfolk around useful as he often needed to move heavy tomes, and complex equipment. One item in the wizard's lab was a constant source of amusement to Jagr, a mystical mirror that often showed visions of strange distant lands. Ever curious and a traveler at heart, Jagr often stared into the mirror. In particular he was curious about a strange far away city where a myriad of unusual folk could be seen in constant bustle.

As he grew older Jagr's work and other pursuits drew him away from the wizard's lair and he went less often, but he never forgot the wonders he saw there. He served as a hunter to the royal family and also worked for noble visitors to realm tracking rare and exotic creatures for their sport or seeking unusual exotic material components for his wizardly friend. As time when on and he grew older and more skilled he and his brother became important hunters and Jagr caught the eye of a beautiful young Catfolk woman. In time they were engaged to be wed, but Jagr began to have doubts. The woman was certainly charming, but she had definite ideas for their future. She spoke endlessly of plans for family and responsibility that made Jagr strangely uncomfortable for reasons he could not quite explain. He began to find excuses to stay out on the hunt for longer and longer. He made excuses and often asked his brother Tallis to stand in for him and make apologies. Finally, the fateful day of his marriage came and Jagr for the first time in his life found himself consumed with doubt and fear. He turned to drink with his brother and reveled his fear. His brother also deep in his cups revealed that he planned to leave on the morrow as he had fallen for his brother's bride and could not bare seeing Jagr and his bride together. As the ceremony approached a plan came to Jagr's drink addled mind. He took off his wedding coat and slipped quietly to his chambers to gather his things. He made his way to the wizard's chambers and called up the image of the distant city as he had done so often in his youth.

He stepped through and found himself in Bard's Gate. He set about learning the local speech and taking on odd jobs as guardsman, hunter or finder of lost things. He has been in Bard's Gate for some time now and still delights in the curious folk and customs there.

Last edited:

Remove ads